Zombies: A living history

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MrWray, Oct 26, 2011.

1. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Did anyone watch zombies: a living history on the History channel?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

ya i thought it was amusing. was waiting for topshot finale more than anything.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Watched most of it. Eventually got tired and went to bed. I thought it was pretty interesting.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It was pretty interesting, i dont believe in the dead coming back to life but i do believe that the government messes with some biological chemicals that could produce a "zombie like" epidemic. All you need to do is take away the rational and intelligent function of the human brain,just leaving the basic animalistic side... And u have a zombie

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Come to think of it...i think that my mother n law is a zombie!

6. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

:
    You'd better get some Hornaday Z Max :D

7. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

sounds like the majority of americans.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I only caught part of it.

Ambien sleepwalkers?
    :D

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I missed it myself..

Topic moved to the club house.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's long been considered in conversation within the walls of FTF that "Zombie" or "Space Zombie" would pertain not to the actual dead rising from a rotting grave, but more the unprepared civilian populace going start raving bananas when basic societal "needs" break down.

Example:

Katrina's Aftermath

Roits - Anywhere

Anywhere the power grid is displaced for more than a couple of days and people are cold, hungry and can not just "order out" for dinner.

Many discussions have included first hand accounts of folks having "neighbors" they have never met come calling when the local Piggly Wiggly no longer has stocked shelves and the power has been off for days on end.

"Zombie" is the really advanced version of every unprepared yuppie you know/see who can't feed themselves, start a fire from stock and don't have provisions stocked. :cool:

JD

11. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Good to know. I call my neighbors "sleepwalkers"

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes, but in this particular instance we are speaking specifically about coming up out of the grave, rotting eyeballs flapping on the cheek, teeth falling out, the broken leg shuffle, stepping on your own entrails and devouring the living type of zombie. :)

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And we speak of those too. FTF Preperation is pretty much the same either way when you get into the real core membership. ;)

JD

14. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

Basically "you've got it, they want it, but they're not going to get it." At that point, whether "it" is brains or Spam is irrelevant.

Dave

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - Quoted for truth!!

JD

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's all fine and dandy, but the OP was about the TV show that was on a couple days ago.

17. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw the program and found the history of the zombie legends in different cultures, as well as their links to modern burial practices, to be quite interesting. I certainly have to give the "zombie" group a big rotting two thumbs up for the way they are bringing attention to the need for emergency preps.:D But it does make one wonder, what are they really working on in those underground labs and bunkers?:eek:

18. Kevin1047

Kevin1047 New Member

F, the zombie apocalypse,its coming be ready,my family thinks it is stupid but guess what its real,be ready have food,water,and yeah weapons.forgot to to mention,reload!!!!

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm not too sure about the dead rising out of their graves, except from a religious standpoint. But a virus or some other disease that would have a similar effect of a zombie outbreak is totally possible.