Zombieland

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gregs887, Oct 4, 2009.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Freaken amazing. Quote from my girlfriend: "Tallahassee is totally your dumb ***" I take that as a compliment :D

Nut up or shut up!

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That may be the best zombie movie ever made. We were rolling and the theater was full of our types of folks who were all laughing at the same parts.

I loved the rules and how they kept popping up as the story went along. And the Bill Murray tie in was just epic.

Tallahassee is the greatest Zombie Apocolypse hero I have seen yet. Woody Harrelson officially has his "come back" role. He can finally be proud of a body of work. LOL

Definitely recommended for anyone preparing for the SHTF Space Zombies.

JD

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Took the wife and had to cox her with dinner to go. It was pretty damn funny and entertaining and the wife even laughed hard and enjoyed it.

It is a damn change of pace from watching endangered species and conservation programs, and I told her "This, my dear, is what we all prepare for, not hugging a damn tree!"

I do know I will have to change some of my zombie kill tactics after viewing this film. I have to agree with JD, that this is probably Woody Harrelson's official "come back" role. He can finally be proud of since....er...a..this would be it! :D

Jack

4. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Side note, I want that mares leg. Where's the drooling smiley?

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Now I have to go an see it, convincing the wife with dinner will be hard. That even goes for the upcoming release of 2012.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Gotta change my avatar now. :D

7. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

I certainly recommend seeing that movie. It was funny as all get out.

Chuck

8. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I can't wait, I saw the preview today and it seemed fantastic. It should hit the theatres next week.

9. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I might just have to see it tonight....I've been dying to see it for a while, but this cold has had my ballz in a vice since Friday night.....

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I strongly dislike Woody Harrelson and his politics, however I will rent it on DVD when it becomes available. I still haven't seen "Inglorious Bastards" and want to catch it before it disappears.

11. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

Pretty funny movie, included zombies which is always a plus. I loved the whole twinkie thing at the end.

And of course...

"Come on, you and I both know you won't fire that gun."
    -BLAM-
    "OH GOD NO PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME WITH MY OWN GUN!"

Note to self: work on cardio.

12. Kain

Kain Member

Good, but why is there still electricity in the zombie apocolypse?

Also, the double barrel shotgun is quite possibly the worst weapon to carry in such situations.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I haven't seen it yet but plan to. Woody has been cracking me up since he was on Cheers. Natural Born Killers was a bit out there, but interesting. A friend in college who saw it when i did explained that he never missed a Woody movie; his uncle and aunt were the ones who contracted Woody's dad to knock off a federal judge or something, back in the day (can't recall exactly). I know his father's family was "connected", but do not really know if the story was true.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

As long as the Zombies didn't breach the lines coming from the hydro electric dams, why wouldn't there be? The dams are all set up to self regulate flow based on pressure and demand. They are pretty much self serving. The people are there to monitor, but the units run on their own.

If suddenly all the power demand was cut off, it would be very easy to maintain available power for quite some time I would imagine.... Sub Stations, for example, only have someone check on them once a week or so unless there is an alarm. The substations have an 8 foot high chainlink and concentaina wire around them, along with a locked gate. Pretty secure actually. And they usually have a small control room that is climate controlled and have a bathroom. Not a bad place to flee too, if you know what you are doing. :cool:

And, while it wouldn't be my FIRST choice, what do you have against the double barrel? Just out of curosity....

JD

15. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

i seen this movie today actually. excellent. "dont swing dont swing dont swing, SWING!"

and CA357 I would recommend inglorious basterds, that is one of the best movies of the year.

16. Kain

Kain Member

Reload after every second shot? Not good when the hoards are upon you. I'd take a pump action, but something magazine fed would be my primary choice.

And electrical grids are pretty fickle things. Add in cars running into power poles and what not, I just don't see the lights staying on much into the carnage. I mean my power goes out in a moderate storm...

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

OK, OK I'm going to see it!

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And you probably live on a radial feed, which does not have a redundant back up. Sub stations all have more than one feed.

A car running into a pole knocks out one phase, at most, unless you happen to have a three phase bank on that pole.

And one more fact: Recloser!

A double barreled shotgun isn't ideal - but that is not a valid reason.

And I was wondering what Yunus' take on that weapon was as he doesn't offer a lot in SHTF planning and I am curious....:cool:

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Regarding the dams that provide the electricity in some areas of the country: I saw a bit on that program about what would happen to places if people were suddenly to disappear. They indicated that the Hoover dam would continue to run well until the intake pipes became clogged by zebra mussels and other lake dwellers, not overnight.

20. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

Rule number four; Double Tap! He, he.