Zombie

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PanBaccha, Sep 23, 2011.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

At the expense of sounding like Rip Van Winkle asleep
    for twenty-years, I would like to know how did the word
    zombie enter into the firearm vocabulary? Everywhere I
    turn I see or hear "zombie this or zombie that, or what
    better gun to shoot zombie with than this ..."
    . How and
    why did the term zombie enter the firearm language?
    :confused:

2. bkt

bkt New Member

Zombie Apocalypse is the generic term for any major SHTF scenario. It has been used for a long time but got really popular a couple years ago. Zombies are idiots who make themselves unwelcome guests in such a situation and may be eligible as a repository for bullets by virtue of just being who they are. Let's hope that doesn't ever come to pass.

Now, a *real* zombie uprising with the undead looking for brains or whatever...that'd be a freakin' hoot! :D

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i take it you havent watched many zombie movies.

the libs think we are referring to them. but its actually just a fun thought experiment and sometimes slang to cover any and all apocolyptic end of the world scenario, from meteors to plagues to volcano attacks or even an actual zombie uprising or sasquatch landing in new york in his flying saucer to start the alien invasion...

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

When I say "zombie apocalypse" I mean it literally LOL!... Now SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, and catastrophe are the things I say when that's what I'm talking about LOL.

I don't really believe in zombies, even though there are supposedly voodoo drugs that induce a zombie like state. But I agree with JonM, for me it's a semi humorous thought experiment, based on movies and books and such. Just for fun, nothing serious. Although I read a crazy article on zombie ants that scared me a little. I'll find it and post a link.

5. bkt

bkt New Member

Have you ever seen Congress in session?

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I retract my previous statement

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Shucks!! I was hoping for the walking dead.... :(

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

9. orangello

orangello New Member

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

A big Thank You shouted out to you all.
    And bkt ... thanks for the eloquent posting!
    :)

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Don't believe in Zombies? Take a look at who won the last election and tell me they don't register the undead. Who else is that stupid?

12. PowderBurnBassist

PowderBurnBassist New Member

If you take the bible in a somewhat literal sense, then you must believe zombies will walk the earth.

Which, in my opinion, is probably the greatest news out of that book.

My friends and I constantly debate over what plan of action will be the best once the dead start to rise. I still feel I have the best plan.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Can you point me to the verse? I know that in revelation is says something about all manner of beasts and monsters from nightmares roaming the earth. But I cant remember the verse.

This is why my Mom-in-law believes in vampires and werewolves, but she just doesn't believe they exist YET. She thinks they'll be created during the end times.

14. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."

1 Thessalonians 4:16

"I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection."

Revelation 20:4-5

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thanks Tex, but I think the one I was looking for spoke more specifically about "nightmarish monsters" or something. I'll have to pull it out and look through Revelations.

16. texaswoodworker

I think I recall something about monsters too. I googled it and here is what I found.

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."

Revelation 12:3

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion; and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Revelation 13:1, 2

"So he carried me away in the spirit unto the Wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

Revelation 17:3"

Are these what you were thinking of?

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

No not what I was thinking of. I'm familiar with those, but now I'm thinking that this may have been something that I've heard and didn't confirm myself.

18. texaswoodworker

I'm pretty sure it says something about creatures in Revelations, but google keeps bringing up books on monsters and I do not have time to go through Rev. (I have to leave in 5 min) One thing is for sure. That book scares the heck out of me.

19. ahole

ahole New Member

Dont be leave in Zombies. just keep on taking the vaccinations and med the CDC and Brig brother tell you to. Sure there safe no harmful side effects.

20. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

See attached image for Exibit 1 of just one way in which Zombies are an effective media of communication to eachother and those outside of "the circle."

Attached Files: