Zombie Survival Plan?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Ploofy, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Sorry if this is a little too childish for a topic this serious, but as a military cadet I have a lot of boring free time, and this is often a topic of discussion, and I want to know what you guys think about it, and what yours are?

Mine is set sail in the R.H. Ledbetter (3 masted frigate at the school I attend over the summer) armed with Marine Cavalry/Officer Sabers, 12 gauge pump action shotguns with all the boxes of shells we can carry, several crates of MREs, with a person guarding the dock sitting in an old WWII tank (don't know which, but we know where to get it) with a howitzer pointing down the dock loaded (with blanks, but we've seen that the cone of force is more than enough to throw a person a couple feet and cause severe burns) ready to clear the dock for our landing to pick up more supplies. We've also considered having a team armed with a scoped .30-.06 sitting in the bell tower with the stairs broken off to pick off any extras, but didn't know how long they would survive. Yours?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I plan to shoot them with the military surplus rifle I got from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. I don't think they have any more of these, and the ammo is starting be hard to find- I only have 2 dozen rounds left.

M65 Recoiless Nuclear Rifle - Desi Video Network

3. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Lol. I didn't realize you were joking around at first. I totally missed the link.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You're sure about that, huh? :rolleyes:

Once had a friend that had his own AH-1G Cobra. Funny what used to come up in some of the surplus actions.........:p

But you DO have to admit that the Davy Crockett would be a most EXCELLENT zombie gun. :D

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You should never joke around when it comes to zombies! :mad: Stay alert, be prepared and trust no one who staggers and groans ;)

6. Recon 173

Recon 173 New Member

That sounds suspiciously like some of my fellow paratroopers on a weekend night...

7. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

seriously me and the family all have a spot to meet. middle of no where in the mountains where we have a farm house and lots of land theres plenty of fresh water and game with a few abandoned old houses that can be used as bug out shelters for escape. we all have tons of guns and im currently building my zombie slayer. will have several different guns some just for hunting some just for the horde. were all farmers carpenters hunters and in general jacks of all trades. i think we do well for a while.

8. tac

tac New Member

What about when you need to dock for supplies? Zombies don't need to breathe, so they can cross the body of water that you are on and be waiting for you when you get there. You should read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

9. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Thats what we have the howitzer for. The cone of force is enough to take out most of the things on the dock. If you put a pool ball in, it'll rip through several inches of steel.

10. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Ploofy---treat it as a serious exercise. Heck, write it up, you might get extra credit.:)

You are a cadet in Wisconsin. Has to be St. John's in Delafield.

The Ledbetter is docked in Lake Maxinkuckee Indiana.

The mission---Get from the academy to the boat, then to a zombie safe area.

Where you are to where the boat is is 220 miles more or less. Chicago
    is between the two points, and it's ALREADY a huge Zombie nest. How
    you gonna do it?

Stay on the landlocked lake? Survival Probability?

Transport the boat overland to lake Michigan? Your chances?

FWIW--at the muzzle velocities you can develop with a tank main gun of
    any era, you might blast a pool ball through 1/4" of steel plate. Maybe.

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I intend to use the patented suprdave zombie survival plan. Feast on great quantities of cheap beer and deviled eggs - then let them fly...

12. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Dog, that is just about everyone in the downtown Fresno area.

13. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

If "Night of the Living Dead" type zombies should be the ones that appear, then I will need a lots and lots of rounds of ammo.

If "Return of the Living Dead" type zombies should appear, I only need one round.

:eek:

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

CHOP CHOP is back!!

Welcome back brother!!

JD

15. suprdave

suprdave New Member

It took lots of practice to get the right combination down, but I think I have it figured out , now!

16. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Tri, You need to lighten up!

Tri, RON L here

You really need to loosen up, it's a Joke man, not everything is ultra serious, perhaps when you get out in th world and really do something, you might see that? LOL

RON

17. Well im a diabetic type 1, not the old fat man that didnt eat right his whole life kind, if a zombie attack happens then my clock starts ticking. i would go as far as i could and then let em dine on this man beast. If you cant beat em join em.

18. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

Plan A: During the initial stages of the outbreak, long before the city is overrun, we load our supplies and head north. Ideal spot is somewhere cold. Hopefully, since zombies have no body heat, we can last long enough to make it to the winter and the walkers will freeze; easy hunting at that point.

Plan B: the outbreak is now out of control and movement is limited. Gather necessary gear and loved ones and head for nearby salt mine. If a nuclear option is exercised by the government, we should be deep enough to survive initial blast. Hunker down and wait.

Plan c: outbreak has totally taken over, no govt exists and we are completely overrun. Fortify house as much as possible with wood and sheet metal. Maintain darkness and silence so we don't look like a meal. Always have suv loaded & ready to go in case we need to evacuate.

Tools/gear to survive zombie apocalypse: (I'm basing these items on what I actually have around the house) III A body armor and riot gear, ASP baton. Fireworks to be used as distraction devices (a hillbilly flash-bang)
    Leather jacket, chaps, etc., hard for the zombies to bite through while not restricting movement too much. Water purifyer, crank radio, and a combat first aid kit w quik clot. (in the event of a bite, I'd rather try to first amputate affected area in the hopes that the victim will survive) Pitchfork: useful for keeping a single zombie out of biting range until a follow up head strike can be delivered by a pick axe or similar weapon. Guns... lots of guns: 9mms and .45s distributed to all in group as a sidearm. I have enough to ARM 6 people. Mossberg 500 for CQB, AR 15 for mid range and Remington 700 .308 for hunting both food and zombies. A usable samurai sword for stealth and ammo conservation. Seed packets to grow a food source.

19. Recon 173

Recon 173 New Member

Zombie = Hobgoblins = Goblins = Gremlins = (1.) walking undead or fictional spirit being (2.) Slang for: bad guys in general (3.) An unthinking person who wasn't properly prepared for a catastrophe.

A zombie popper, eh? A good scoped .223 will let you keep them at bay from zero to about 300 yards or so. If they get too close, a high cap 9 mm Glock 17 or 21SF works well to ruin their days. Good a scoped AK works well too.

20. KartoffelSalat

KartoffelSalat New Member

NEVER NEVER USE QUICKCLOT ON AN AMPUTATION! for quickclot to work right you need to have a bowl shaped wound to press it into, for amputations

use a tourniquet! the victims belt and a stick should do