Zombie questions, we all have them.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

We all know it's just a matter of time before someone gets the zombie virus and turns, then the infection will spread like wildfire.

What will zombies be like? Slow, like in one zombie movie or will they sprint at you growling like in another? :confused:

Do they have to bite you or merely get their blood on you?

Do zombie's sleep,ever?

Will capping them in the head really bring more zombies?

Do you have to decapitate them?

Do they want your guts or your brain, or maybe they don't care and just want to eat you?

Will they also go after animals?

This is confusing and I want to be prepared!!!

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

There's only one thing that needs to be said here...Bring lots of ammo!

3. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

If they bit an animal, will it too become a zombie?

Do they retain a measure of their inteligence? i.e. do they know how to open a door?

Will they become smarter the longer they are undead?

Will animals that eat the zombie's flesh become infected?

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good ones!!

I think they may 'learn' from other zombies, but I could be dead wrong. :D

Will they use tools? I sure hope not!

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I recently watched Romero's Land of the Dead and it had an interesting twist in that the zombies could learn from each other. It was an interesting concept, but I kind of lost interest after the "leader" developed and it took on an "army" of the dead presence.

This is a good thread and I think it will definitely raise a lot of questions. How many answers is still as yet unknown.

Perhaps we can get Max Brooks in here to answer some of them? Now that would be cool. :p

JD

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Oh frak...what if the zombies get on the interwebz, read all the zombie killer threads and start wearing body armor and kevlar helmets? We are screwed for sure...:eek:

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn it!! I hadn't thought of that. Someone needs to do some testing of something like a tomahawk against kevlar helmets or something. :rolleyes::p

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Have enough gasoline or flammable liquid available. If shooting the zombies in the head or even cutting the head from the body does not work, burning would be the only choice.

10. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Or Tango's Shart-foo. He's one bad mother...

11. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed, homemade flamethrower will work and is fairly easy to construct. :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNu0sR89_BM"]YouTube - Awesome Homemade Flamethrower[/ame]

Flamethrower made from an old fire extinguisher, various plumbing parts, 8 liters of gas, and 100psi of pressure.

Range: 40 feet.

Burn time: Approx. 10 sec total per load.

12. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Bull****, my friend. The only thing worse than a hungry army of the undead is a hungry army of undead who are on fire. Don't light living...err....moving zombies. Make them more dead, first.

13. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I find that in situations like this, it's much better to prepare for the worst possible outcome, so everything short of that will be easy. You should also assume they will have superhuman abilities. And that there aren't enough bullets in the world to kill them all.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Thank you, you know what they say about assuming :rolleyes: and what would these superhuman abilities be that they will possess?

I take it you haven't read the book...and how the hell would a Zombie see you after you have just BBQ'ed it's *** and blinded it with fire? :rolleyes:

15. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

It wouldn't have to see you. It could just keep running towards you till it either feels you, smells you, or lights you or your shelter on fire. I don't know if you've ever watched footage from like WWII or something of people being lit on fire, they have a while to run around screaming before they die. And I dunno, prolly superhuman strength, speed, smelling, sight, and it would also probably be best to prepare for specializations like climbing and stuff that normal humans can't do.

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I think you may have forgotten final kill weapons like swords, axes, knives, handguns, rifles and shotguns.

A lit up, blinded Zombie would no doubt be interested in a fun game of Marco Polo, then when they get close enough...one between the eyes or off with their heads! :cool:

17. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Sounds like a pretty risky game you're playing. I would rather just get to relatively safe location and take them out one by one, instead of giving them a way to smoke me out.

18. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

What if a mosquito bites a zombie and then bites me? Am I gonna become a Zombie?

19. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Risky and sometimes frisky, is my middle name! ;)

20. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I missed the premiere of the Walking Dead but was able to DVR it early this morning. Watched it and immediately redeployed my home guns and did an ammo check and placed reloads in strategic locations...