Zombie proof house, I wants it

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gregs887, Apr 23, 2011.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's very clever. I wonder what the building material is, if it's really secure?

3. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I don't see anywhere to shoot out of when it's in the 'feeling of being secure' state. :eek:

4. russ

russ New Member

Yea, that thing is awesome! A little razor wire and a mounted .50 at each corner of the roof and you are all set for the zombie apocolypse.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It has way too many retractable doors/panels that will require maintenance and according to Murphy's Law will fail at the worst possible time. :( So no, I do not believe that design is a zombie proof house.

I do like the drawbridge element and would incorporate that concept myself. As for a stronghold against any zombie hordes I would have no doors (outside of the drawbridge) and windows - there would be nothing I would want to see. Any views necessary could be gained from a rooftop lookout. :cool:

6. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

That is most interesting. Although I doubt the material is concrete or metal. Its probably disguised wood paneling.

I would eliminate the first floor glass windows and replace them with solid concrete. The draw bridge would be the only point of access.

7. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Kind of a Bauhaus archetecture style with a Frank Lloyd Wright twist.

Actually it reminds me of one of our 3 stack height concrete tilt up buildings. Three stack would allow for a second floor and tall cielings. Probably steel stud walls for interiors. Kind of like a TI (tennant improvement) for a commercial building. Cost per square foot could be relatively inexpensive compaired to traditional residential building methods.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hey all he needs to do is call Red Jacket and get some of them remote controlled M-16 with Beta mags on the corners. Then you could get one of them $15k Estes Rocket launchers. I think you would be good to go.

I would replace the glass with 6" thick Transparent Aluminum. Now that would KICK zombie butt.

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Notice he is a Graphics Designer, not an Architect. A very stupid design.

Besides, everyone knows they are not allowed to enter your home unless they are invited.

Wait, that is Vampires. Nevermind.:D

10. russ

russ New Member

Sheesh tango, everyone knows you only need 1" thick transparent aluminum, it's as strong as 6" plexiglass.

11. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

i second that.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

A keyboard... how quaint.

13. russ

russ New Member

Computer. Hello computer.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If 1" of aluminum is good then 6" is 6 times better.