Zombie Ammo ?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Riverg420, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I dunno if there's already a thread on this or not ? Just curious on what makes this zombie ammo so special there comming out with now or is it some kind of gimmick to sell ammo ?

2. MPsteelshooter87

MPsteelshooter87 New Member

The pistol rounds to me look idetical to the critical defence rounds just a green tip. I dont know what else would be different about them.

3. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

They are the same just green polymer tip instead of red. More for collecting.

4. MPsteelshooter87

MPsteelshooter87 New Member

Do you know how much more they cost? None of the shops around me are carrying them yet

5. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

from what i noticed they run around $20 for 25 give or take a few dollars

6. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I know ammunitiontogo.com have them in stock

7. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

I heard that Hornaday adds a special zombie killing compound to the tip developed by DARPA but then again, it was $2/beer night at the time.

8. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

The Zombie ammo actually is priced cheaper than the Critical Defense. The Zombie stuff is the same as Critical Defense except it is loaded in plain brass cases instead of nickel plated and the polymer bullet filling is green instead of red. I think this is a brilliant marketing strategy by Hornady.

Who knows though, maybe it is treated with special anti-zombie compound? Just keep drinking those $2 beers.

9. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

I figure its for those hardened zombies. That tough S-O-B that just wont die (again) no matter how many normal bullets you put in them. Right?

Or maybe its for practice with the zombie paper targets so we can get ready for 2012.

10. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

$2 beers? Where? Dammit.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

11. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Marketing gimmick. A brilliant one---possibly brought about
    by an evening of $2 beers. Whoever thought it up deserves
    a nice fat bonus and a promotion.

12. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

13. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Okay, now that all of that zombie stuff is available, does anyone know where we can get some zombie beer?

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

You can get Zombie Jerky and Zombie Blood. Don't believe me? Google it.

15. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

I believe there just ballistic rounds. I think there sweet cuz they come in 7.62x39... A ak/sks with ballistic rounds is sweet. I have some ballistic for my 357. and they make big ass holes.

16. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

If I thought I could make some fast easy money off the zombie craze I might try it. It is working for the people selling all of this stuff. I bought some of the zombie ammo in .45 acp.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its aout time someone other than trijicon realizes green is a better reticle color than red for illumination. Your eye picks up green better than red.