Zmax for guns??

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by 7.62 Man, Jul 27, 2014.

1. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

I was listing to a NASCAR broadcast on the radio while working in my garage & the advertisement for Zmax gun products came on. So I was wondering if anyone has used any of their products on your guns? I have used some in my small motors but I didn't know they made anything for guns.:confused:

http://www.zmax.com/micro_lubricant/firearms/

2. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Seems like

The lube might be a dry lube....I had bought some for a trigger once.

But I do have a question about the bore cleaner

Steel barrels have pores ?

Have to be some pretty microscopic stuff...:rolleyes:

3. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Never seen it. I did buy a bottle of Lucas gun oil. I'm pretty sure it is some type of ATF. Same color, consistency, similar smell.

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.

4. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

Zmax is mineral oil and some other things. I can't see it doing anything for my engine. I don't want mineral oil anywhere near the engine. I remember when they came out with teflon additives for engine oil. It stopped up a bunch of filters.
    I've use carnuba wax on a .22 for a long time. It kept moisture off. Looke nice. I think it was Johnsons. a combination of grease and wax maybe would work? I like Essox, but can't find it. It dries and stays in place on the metal. Its synthetic. It softens as it get warm. Rig+P for stainless and machine guns cling real nice and it takes up clearances inside as long as it is not working then. I have a lube for my lawn mower and equipment, I can't think of the term of it's characteristic.
    You have to scrub the stuff off. It stays where you put it. Washing it off you hans with plenty of soap takes a while. It is synthetic and is over weven dollars a tube in auto parts stores. I've been thinking of possible applications in some of my guns. Suchaa as the bolt carrier rails of the ARs and the pin and maybe a just a little on the rings. the stuff keeps the spindles dry and tight on my high rpm blades of my zero turn mower. I think it might be lithium but synthetic base. It turly won't smear off. Might not be pretty for outside metal protection but it wouldn't run off.