yugo sks gas chamber settings

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by fordman49450, Mar 26, 2008.

1. fordman49450

fordman49450 New Member

I just acquired an Yugo SKS that has the grenade launcher on it. I am planning on purchasing a golf ball end for it. I know that you move the gas chamber selector to the downward position for regular shooting, but do I move it just up for grenades? or do I move it up and then back? with the gas piston in I cant move it backwards and without the gas piston it it will but then the pin falls out so I am assuming you just move the selector up to the 12 o'clock position for grenades and then down ward to the 4 o'clock for live ammo?? is this correct?

2. Murray

Murray New Member

Yep. That's correct.

3. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

That's correct. In the 12 o'clock position it prevents gas bleed-off so youget maximum gas pressure directed at launching the grenade. Don't forget to use blanks..lol

PS - Where can you get a grenade launching adaptor? I've been looking for dummy grenades to lob around...

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

That's correct. In the 12 o'clock position it prevents gas bleed-off so youget maximum gas pressure directed at launching the grenade. Don't forget to use blanks..lol

P.S - I've been told that when firing grenades you don't want to "shoulder" the weapon!

PPS - Where can you get a grenade launching adaptor? I've been looking for dummy grenades to lob around...

5. fordman49450

fordman49450 New Member

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

10-4 man they're right. Don't forget to switch it back though, the first time I fired my grenade, i forgot to switch it back and i thought my rifle was missed up cause it wasn't reloading. Figured it out pretty quick though. Oh by the way, if you're gonna shot your dummy grenade in a big field, tie a piece of orange sting to the tail, so you can find it again. Took me a month to find me.