Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
I like guns....
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's tons of YouTubers. But I like to see real firearm reviews. Not just people who just fired "this" weapon" oh it worked". Real explanations, take downs, cleanings, in's and outs. Not just "pew, pew" it works.. Real reviews.
Paul Harrell is on the top of MY list. Personally, I don't feel he's looking for "YouTube appeal".. He's looking to inform..

Share your knowledgeable place, and why..

Share good, useful knowledge, not just pews, Pew videos.. Whats is some great sights you've come across? Please share...
Honest Outlaw is great too..

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like Paul Harrel's videos, especially when it involves his "Meat Target."
Hickock45 is a sponsored wind bag.
The Firearms Guy does a good job of reviewing guns.

·
Premium Member
I like guns....
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO with the few I follow. Paul's reviews are more about things for firearms. Honest Outlaw is more about the firearm itself. Kentucky Ballistics and OfftheRanch are more about antics, just playing around and blowing stuff up..

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
There are just too many YouTubers . The ratio of useless videos to useful very high. I sometimes watch in amazement as someone who doesn’t know how to do something tries to show others how to do it. I do like Hickok45 though.

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Erik Cortina does a pretty good job of focusing on the how-to of the steps he recommends and follows (himself) for mid- to long-range benchrest rifle accuracy.

Describes a lot of methods for reloading, how to approach load development, how to get the most life out of a barrel (with reloading), use of tools, where the pitfalls are with various commonplace procedures, etc.

·
Premium Member
I like guns....
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Erik Cortina does a pretty good job of focusing on the how-to of the steps he recommends and follows (himself) for mid- to long-range benchrest rifle accuracy.

Describes a lot of methods for reloading, how to approach load development, how to get the most life out of a barrel (with reloading), use of tools, where the pitfalls are with various commonplace procedures, etc.

I'll have to check it out. Never heard of..

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Colion Noir he does a lot of 2a activism stuff, but he does do gun reviews too.
I'm really on the fence with this guy. I mean, he is a great spokesperson for our rights. But... i just have this bad feeling about the guy. Like he would sell us out in a heartbeat if the money was there. IDK, im probably way off base. Maybe its cause he's a lawyer. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
capandball and Rob from britishmuzzleloaders, and of course, Brett Gibbons from papercartridges - they all make my day. Forgotten Weapons, too, even though a lot of them have not actually been forgotten, just ignored in the general scheme of things

'sfunny how some folks think of Mr Hickock45 as a windbag. All I'm saying is that if people dropped me a few cases of freebie ammunition and the machinery to shoot it, just for mentioning their name whilst doing so, I too would be happy to be a windbag. Here in UK, IF you buy, let's just say, the factory .45-70 Govt that he was blasting away on a recent show, just what he had ready to shoot would have cost me around $3000 or more........................

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
No mention of Lucky Gunner or Buffalo's Outdoors. Gun Dungeon is newer and shows some promise. There are a bunch out there that can drag 5 minutes of info into 15 minutes or longer.

Reactions: 9mil

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
I like Harrell's stuff. I started watching Erik Cortina, but when he started pushing CLR for cleaning barrels and several material scientist types said it's bad juju and he ignored them, I don't watch his stuff so much anymore. No question, the guy is intoi his precision stuff, but there's just some things he says or does that make me scratch my head.

I like watching Kentucky Ballistics and Demolition Ranch just for the entertainment value. I mean, who doesn't like shooting stuff to see what happens. It's definitely not science, but still interesting to see how many (or not) pieces of whatever a certain caliber will penetrate, or the damage it'll do.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Although I have plenty of time for Mr Demolition Ranch, I can't help but wonder quite how much time he has left, with his recent history and all.

In Ireland we call his habit of pushing his luck - 'kissing the train'...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts