Your zombie handgun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Jan 30, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

We all know that we're going to wake up some morning and the apocalypse will have arrived. Be it hordes of zombies or even space zombies per JD, having the proper pistol will be important. I made sure I have a zombie pistol in my collection and I gave it a bit of thought as well.

First, concealability is no longer necessary so those small, light, hard to shoot guns won't be important anymore. I think a larger, heavier high capacity gun will fill the bill much better. I'm thinking a gun you can shoot all day without tiring from the recoil.

Next is caliber. I think it may be proved that .22 will do a decent job; however, going in I'll want something with a bit more punch so I figured 9mm is just right. Ammo is cheap and plentiful, it's a standard issue military caliber as well. I also probably have 2500 rounds on hand most of the time anyway.

So, for my zombie gun I chose the Taurus PT 92 I picked up a week or so ago. It's large and heavy enough that it is very comfortable to shoot and I have 18 and 20 round mags for it. While it's not a target gun by any means, I can shoot softball sized groups rapidly at 10-12 yards all day long. I actually picked this one up as I really didn't have anything that met this criteria and I think it's a necessary inclusion.

It's a lazy Sunday so I figured a good zombie thread would probably be a good idea...

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

My choice is my Taurus also; my 24/7 PRO 9mm. 17 round magazines and a solid shooter!

3. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I feel safe.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  4. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

And why in the hell are my pics. coming out so large?:mad:

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

The XDm 45ACP I picked up yesterday will serve me well as an anti-zombie gun. 13 rounds of 230 grain lead and a sweet shooter...

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

For a handgun my Px4 Storm in .45 will have to do ... that is until I get myself a 1911 in .45 for Christmas :D

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Compensating for some inadequacy???:rolleyes: ;)

My favorites!!!
    Very old AO 10mm:
    [​IMG]

8. jpattersonnh

Wilson .45acp:
    [​IMG]
    Model 19-4:
    [​IMG]

Power still beats volume in CC. I bet all 3 will go through at least 2!
    :cool:

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The 1911. Eliminating problems for one hundred years. My Sistema will do.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

well you would want a supressed firearm so that the gunshots dont draw more zombies and you end up cornered in an abandoned abrams tank like a doofus.

my pick would be a 45acp its already subsonic and works really well supressed.

11. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Hard choice. Right now it would be my XDM9mm 19+1 is awesome for hords. but i think in reality a 1911 would be close 2nd the smaller mags would force you to make your shots count where as a high cap might give you some comfort and youd miss more. either would be awesome! not that there is a hole lot of good coming from zombies!

12. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Hey,your the one with the big 10mm!:D

13. jpattersonnh

That is better then a 9mm, I guess!! VG response!! :eek:

14. jpattersonnh

I remember seeing them for $120.00 and no one wanted them... When I bought my 10mm it was $175.00, My Wilson was $375.00, same year.

15. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

A well placed 9mm hit will make a poorly placed .45 hit look like s#!t every single time. Unlike what some people think a .45 round in the big toe is NOT terminal. Its all about where ya put it. The end.

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is not a 9mm vs .45ACP thread. It's about which handgun is best for zombies. Kindly restrict comments to the elimination of the undead.

:D

17. Bighead

Bighead New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  18. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Fine! But I do this under protest. Good day to you sir..............I SAID GOOD DAY!:p

19. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Bighead,I'd say your good to go.

20. jpattersonnh

OK, If I must go small! Walther P1 or Sig P6.
    [​IMG]

Wow, I have no pic of the P1!!

Best defense!!
    [​IMG]

A good hound!!