Your vote counts!!! Help us decide which rifle to buy

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by PrimePorkchop, Sep 10, 2012.

1. S&W M&P15 .223

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. FN PS90 5.7x28

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Colt LE6920PD .223/5.56

30 vote(s)
    78.9%
  1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

My wife asked if you guys/gals wouldn't mind helping us narrow down her decision. She has narrowed down her choices to these 3 rifles, but she can't make up her mind. I have given her my opinion (which i'll withhold for now) and she wants to see how many agree/disagree

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i vote for the plaid one!!

3. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

lol im guessing that this thing goes ahead and posts even while im filling in the poll options....sorry Jon, LOL!

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

5.7 is too expensive and an AR that isn't rated for 5.56 is just silly.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

since colt is in your price range its a no brainer.

im going to be at mcmiller this weekend if you want to bring the wife to try out my BCM or RRA national match or the wife's BCM just give me a yell and ill bring em out

6. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I'd love to make the trip, and very much appreciate the offer, it's just not possible with my work schedule right now :(

I wanted to show her BCM, but they're currently not accepting new orders...was very disappointed in that...

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If coinage is not a hindrance, get the Colt. If cost is a problem the S&W would be fine as long as it was a typo and you simply omitted the 5.56 from its description.

I don't know doodly squat about the other choice.

8. Rarity

Rarity New Member

If you can't afford a Colt, bag a Stag ;)
    My vote is Colt LE6920 on this one.

Only because Colt has a cute little pony on their lowers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. JonM

JonM Moderator

midwest industries in waukesha wi has em in stock on the wall. thats where i got my wife's. if they dont have the one you want there they will call up BCM and get one for you. they tend to do only walk in for that.

here is her bcm with aimpoint rds

[​IMG]

10. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

According to buds, it's just .223, not 5.56

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+30+++1+223+Rem.+w16"+Barrel+&+4+Rail+Tactica

EDIT: Never mind, they included it in their description, just not the specs. That's what I get for not reading the whole thing =)

11. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

BCM has allot of Uppers in stock and I just got a Complete Lower from them a few weeks ago. Maybe try that route instead of ordering a complete rifle?

I recieved their "in-stock" parts in less than 1 week from my order date and the lower in just under two weeks.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-16-Mid-Length-Group-s/27.htm

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Oooo...that's not a bad idea....WTH didn't I think of that? :confused:

Thanks!

13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I voted for the Colt, if I had the coin it's what I would buy. I am not a fan of bullpups, I just can't get on board with them. I know their purpose and I know they are very effective. All that being said, it looks like I will end up with the S&W MP soon as my first AR. Price is an issue for me right now and I can't seem to find anyone saying anything bad about them.

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

A Colt Lightweight or someone's good lightweight AR (upper) with a short (telescoping) stock. 20 round mags.

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Get thge Colt. It's top of the line, and because of the Colt name, it holds it's resale value better if you ever need to sell or trade it.

BTW, 5.7 is not too expensive to shoot. $23-$24 per box of 50. Most centerfire rifle ammo is $10 or more per box of 20.

16. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Good point...the problem, for me, is I went to all 3 wal-marts in my town, Dicks Sporting Goods, True Value, and Rural King, and NONE of them carry the 5.7 :(

I know I can get it online...but even then, im finding a lot of people are sold out of it...very hard to come by ...

17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

According to FN, the 5.7 production has been off line for a few months, for producing other calibers. However they have retooled that production line, and they say it will be available in quantity later this month.

(Hope so. I'm down to 1500 rounds.:p)

BTW, this is normal manufacturing procedure for all ammo makers.

18. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Well, my wife made her purchase today. She didn't agree with us on the Colt :(

But I still like her decision. Smith & Wesson M&P15

Got $200.00 off, plus 500 rounds of Remington .223 ammo at $0.30 a round...was a hell of a good deal!!!

Pictures to come as soon as the stupid Illinois 24 hour waiting period expires :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

19. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

That's a nice looking rifle, I am anxious to hear how it does at the range. I am thinking a M&P15 will be my first AR.