Your thoughts on the Ps90

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Flint Rock, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I'm thinking of replacing a Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm rifle with a FNH PS90. Anybody out here have any experience with one of these little rifles? I want this gun to be an option I can reach for when things go bump in the night. Right now my 1911 is backed up by a Benelli Super Nova, a great combo for holding your ground, not so good on the search side.

PS90 USG, Semi-auto Carbine, Black

50 rounds, even small high velocity rounds, has to command some respect on the targeted side.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  2. zhuk

zhuk New Member

I'd say that seems pretty accurate :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UMX3UOh28M&feature=related]YouTube - FN P90 US Demo[/ame]

Looks a lot of fun too, and that double stack is too cool. Fortunate if you can have one! (even if not full auto)

3. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I've owned one for 4 years now. I love this gun. It's my fav rifle even after all these years :)

[​IMG]

4. Qmotion SIS

Qmotion SIS New Member

Hey stranger. I even like that dual mag setup. Hell I might even have to mount me a flashlight. I don't mean to be a copycat but it looks like I'll be duplicating your setup.

5. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Thanks.

Get used to the gun before you add the double mag clamp. I tried it 2x in the past, and I did not like it.

Now, after owning the gun 4 years, I do like it.

6. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

For some reason I thought they only made these in full-auto configurations. Now I want to get me one!

7. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I have my 2nd one in now :)

[​IMG]

8. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

I like the PS90's a lot. There is a bunch of them for sale on gunbroker.com for $1600, but I have not seen one sell for more than $1200. For $1200 it seems like a pretty awesome deal, but not so much for $1600.
    I have the FNH 5.7 pistol, and really like the round. I am sure the PS90's are even better...

Looks like a great choice to me! Enjoy.

9. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Well, NIB from a dealer now - $1600 is not a bad price. I paid more than that from Buds.

My first one was $1499 four years ago, and the black one was $100 more at the time. OD Green was $1399. But, prices go up.

10. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

11. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Ammo is cheaper than quality223/5.56 ammo. Remember, the ammo sold is not cheap ammo of poor quality like Wolf.

If you buy online, you can still find it for $18 or $19 a box. In the 4 years I've had mine, I have found that the availability is at many gun stores. It costs more locally, but for 1 - 2 boxes at a time, that's what I do. For 3 or more, I buy online. But, I keep a good bit on hand. I'm set even if they discontinued it tomorrow, although that won't happen.

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Damn, ship!

Get a funny "Dual-wielding" mental picture there :D

13. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

If they were full auto, then I'd have to give that a try :)

14. TerryGecko

TerryGecko New Member

I bought my first PS90 specifically for Post Apocalyptic World (zombies) type of situations. I'm not kidding. I wanted something small enough to fit in a backpack, very accurate, high capacity, low recoil, shared ammo with my side arm, and super reliable. The PS90 seemed like the perfect rifle for that "niche".

Very soon after purchasing it, it graduated from a "niche" gun to replacing my AK for all things SHTF. I've been training with this weapon for about a year now and I can tell you it will always be my first choice (along with the FiveseveN). I can go from "grey man" to full second line loadout back to "grey man" in a matter of seconds and no one would ever know.

If I can give you some advice, if you would ever consider using the PS90 for anything other than a range toy I would get the USG model, even if you want to put a different scope on it. The TR model can't support BUIS of any kind (which is why I bought the Leupold Prismatic) and you can easily take the factory optic off the USG model and put a rail in it's place. The USG factory optic isn't that bad anyhow, it's black so you can see it against light surfaces and it has tritium so it glows when against a dark background.

Gun Pron (they're going to be SBR'd very soon):

USG
    [​IMG]

TR
    [​IMG]

15. TerryGecko

TerryGecko New Member

I bought my first PS90 for Post Apocalyptic World (Zombies) type of scenarios. I'm not kidding. I wanted a gun that could fit in a backpack, was extremely accurate, minimal recoil, high capacity, share ammo with my sidearm, and was super reliable. I felt the PS90 was perfect for this "niche" I was trying to fill.

After I purchased the PS90 it graduated from a "niche" gun and replaced my AK for all things SHTF. It is the first gun I grab now. I've trained with it for about a year now and completely trust it. Wearing a backpack I can go from "grey man" to full second line loadout back to "grey man" in a matter of seconds.

Just to give you some advice, if you are planning on using the PS90 for anything other than plinking I would definitely get the USG model. The TR model can't support BUIS. The USG model comes with them and you can easily purchasing a rail that replaces the factory optic so you can add your own Red Dot. The factory optic isn't that bad either.

Some PS90 Pron. They will be SBR'd very soon:

USG
    [​IMG]

TR
    [​IMG]