Your thoughts on a Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by genesis, Aug 22, 2012.

1. genesis

genesis New Member

My buddy just got a brand new Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro for $349. I shot it extensively (no malfunctions) and it seems like a really nice gun for CCW. 22 ounces, and 10+1 45ACP capacity. It's pretty small for a 45 and easily fits in my front pocket. My first impressions of it are very favorable. But before I buy one, I'd appreciate your comments. Both pro and con. Do any of you have one of these? It's been awhile (15 years) since I've owned a Taurus, but I've never had any problems with any Taurus I've owned.

Thanks guys,

Don <><

2. oli700

oli700 New Member

Killer pistol for cc and just fun to shoot. I bought one for my best bud as a wedding gift and it is a sweet shooting gun although it is so smallish and there haven’t any problems with his either.

3. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Me too. It's the first Taurus I've owned and love it. ;)

4. genesis

genesis New Member

I'm the OP. So let me get this straight. tacticalfun, oli700, and TimKS all have the Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro. Is this correct?

Don <><

5. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

6. oli700

oli700 New Member

I bought one as a gift for my BF , I have shot it extensively and it is his main carry gun

7. tqu9047

tqu9047 New Member

What's going on here? A thread about Taurus handguns and nobody saying they are junk, shoulda got a Kimber etc.
    I have a PT745 that I carry every day and my son has a PT145 that he will be carrying when he gets back from deployment.
    We both love our Tauri (plural Taurus ????) and I have had nothing but good luck with mine. It shoots whatever I feed it and is very accurate, or is is as accurate as I am. I also reload my own and cast my own lead bullets and it shoots these with no problems.
    Get ready, it's coming. The Taurus bashers will be here soon with their stories of, my friends brothers uncles niece had one that was a piece of crap so I will never buy one, or similar stories.
    Just my 0.02.

Tim

8. tacticalfun

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I've got the 45acp pro ds too

10. tacticalfun

Not bad,right?

11. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I have a millennium in 40 had a problem with it dropping the mag when fired. Called Taurus they asked me if I was capable of installing a new mag release button and spring I said yes 3 days later had new parts. The gun works fine now. I have a 38 special Taurus has been flawless and a PT 1911 also flawless operation all are accurate.

12. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

I bought my pt140 pro like 5-6 years ago and had the same problem but never got around to calling Taurus so I just recently called em and they asked me the same thing about the release and spring and I got it 7 days later, kinda of wierd because I live 10 mins from where they ship out of Miami. So I installed the new release but haven't been able to shoot it yet. Hopefully it's fixed though.

13. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

I bought a PT940 new, fired about 3k rounds threw it with no problems. Carried it every day for a few years and still looks new. 4" groups at 20yds freehand with this nut behind the butt, im not a pistol shooter but I like this gun. Ofcourse if I had the money to buy a Sig I would have but for the money out of the pocket im totally satisfied.

Badshot

14. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

I had a pt145 for 2years. Bullets would nose dive in mags. Would jam up on reloads. Ate factory great. Had alot of recoil.... Shoot winchester pdx1 really good

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I did a lot of research on these when I was entertaining the idea of getting one for my first 45acp. The first two generations had far too many pieces with feeding issues. This could be remedied with a clipped rung of the mag spring, or by replacing the mag spring with that of a full sized, standard, 1911A1. Or you can just make sure you get a third gen and consider yourself safe with a reliable and awesome handgun. There are a few indicators that will help you to differentiate, however I don't really recall what they all are. They're in a thread I posted in somewhere around here. Anyway, that's all I can remember, hope it helps.

16. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I had one and hated it. It did not shoot well an had terrible accuracy. Traded it for a S&W .45

17. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

Mine was a gen3 pt145 it shot great depending on how you set the recoil spring in. But it wasnt all that. I rather buy a g30 next time