your state DNR

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by lonewolf101, Jul 31, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

How does everyone feel about your State DNR? are they FAIR to HUNTERS.I live in Wisconsin and I am no fan of this dnr! I think the deer gun season is to SHORT I dont bow hunt or use a muzzleloader’s I also like to hunt for small game the bag limet on squirrels and rabbits is 5! what are we going to run out of them?,next is this unfair lottery to kill a blk bear you have to wait I talked to a few guys here and they booths waited 6 and 8 years to take a bear even the dnr in Wis. says it has a healthy pop.of blk.bears so why not sell a limited # of permits over the counter like deer tags? there not worried about running out of deer soon.its seems like tax anceny for the state with the rise of permits its seem like every few years and you get bad service! and they LIE about what animals are in Wis to.:mad:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Pretty decent folks. We do have a patchwork of legal firearms/ seasons/ bag limits by county, but the geography and ecology of VA changes dramatically as you move from Tidewater thru Piedmont to Mountains. The Perch Police and Deer Deputies in my county are pretty laid back folks- they do their jobs, but are not jerks unless you want them to be.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I look forward to the day when I can return to the state known as The Sportsman's Paradise, where I can:

hunt with modern firearm for 2.5 months

archery hunt with a crossbow, regardless of age of physical ability

use a single-breach loading cartridge originating pre-1900, e.g. .444 Marlin, .45-70 Gov't, to hunt during the primitive firearms season.

Plus I already have my lifetime license for LA. :D

4. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I hear ya bud! Wisconsin dnr are to TIGHTFISTED with the wildlife here,if it wasent for my job I would move in a heart beat to NARLINS!! that why I could take HOG,gator,deer ,bear

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

We just got rid of that idiot democrat governor. The big shake up in the wis dnr is still going on. Its only been a few months.

6. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I hope Scott Walker gut em and GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOD!! to make them what their sposed to be FRIENDLY TO HUNTERS!!

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

I wouldnt expect big deer hunt changes because the liberal dnr policies decimated the deer population of wis as in loosening of restrictions right off. The earn a buck idiocy really destroyed the doe herds.

Im just hoping that we get the dnr on track with better policies get the deer herds back to where they should be then make regulation changes

8. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I would like to see bear tags that I could buy over the counter just like deer tags.I dont see that as a way to end the blk.bear population in this State the last email I sent to the DNR they said that there is a HEALTHY BEAR POPULATION in this STate.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I wish they gave them away with every box of centerfire rifle ammo.

The wildlife people in MS are pretty even-handed, though i have heard the river counties are not as friendly due to the duck-hunting regulations.

10. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

The Michigan DNR are some tough sob's,they wear the badge and let you darn well know they are full commissioned law enforcement officers,but--they can be forgiving in alot of areas,many of them operate in the spirit of the law,not by the book,they would give you a warning if you set your bow or gun in your car to put your gear on rather than arrest you as they could.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I have never had a bad thing to say about the Tx.Parks and Wildlife Dept.
    They have always been very courteous,and will find out the answers to any questions you have about hunting and fishing here.
    The Game Wardens that I've met,have always been great people also.They have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to knowing what areas have good game in them.

12. Retcop

Retcop New Member

Here in SC I find them to be very professional and helpful in carrying out there duties.

13. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I'm not talking about how the staff is -I'm taking about the DUMB LAWS like low bag count,short deer season locking up the blk.bear in a STUPID LOTTERY where you have to wait years to get a kill tag!.

14. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

MOVE! If you don't like the laws in your present state.

After reading several of your post,It seems you think that you should be able to just kill any kind of game,whenever you feel the need.
    It's thinking like that,that gave Game Warden's jobs in the first place.

Better yet,for a nominal sum,you can book a great bear hunt just north of you in Canada.Then you won't have to deal with a Lottery,and you can go kill your trophy bear.

15. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

you know man a 9 day deer hunt is to dam short! and to wait years to kill a frigging bear is NUTS.

16. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

They are called the DWR in Utah, and all I've met in the field are proffesionals doing their jobs.
    A lot more people vs. animals than in the 1800's. I have been trying to draw for a mountain goat tag for some years, and I will get it eventually. Rember what almost happened to buffalo?
    While I am against govt. regulation in general, I do respect DWR's policies.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't disagree (especially on the bears). You should organize a voting drive or lobbying effort to support some changes to your state's wildlife laws & regulations. Just recently, MS changed a few regulations to make it simpler to hunt feral hogs here, due to overpopulation and the resultant property damage.

If you call your effort "citizens for more bear killing", i would likely make a donation. Fewer deer roaming means less bear food, so i support smaller more intensely-hunted deer herds as well. :D

18. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Yeah,MI is going crazy over the hogs,there is no actual hog season,but our DNR has requested that all hunters,from small game to large game that have a hunting license to take any hog they see with whatever weapon you have with you while hunting state lands,and that you may activley pursue hogs on private property all year round with no license.

19. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

in Wis.you need to a small game license to hunt pigs!I guess that another way to make money on thoes pigs.

20. PatC

PatC New Member

In IA. it's a mixed bag. We have im the DNR and can come in your house any time I want with or without a warrent. To Im the DNR and I work for you, You Are the State of IA. And your my boss!! I prefere the later. Iv have herd good things about the head of the Wis. DNR. She canned some yahoos right out of the gate, and got rid of the no cull rule!! If im not mistaken tring to get rid of the three fish for bass during Jun july and aug. I tell ya guys Wis. DNR was run by a bunch of tree hugers and peta lover's and it's going to take a while to get it back to where it should be. Pat C.