Your pocket carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by jimmyp7162, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

What is your pocket carry, and how do you like it? Please do not turn this into a caliber debate; just want to know what works for you. Thanks!!!

2. emo

emo Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

LCP is the easiest but XDS with a little more thought. Really like pocket carry because you can have your hand on he firearm without being obvious.

3. stonesaver

stonesaver New Member

I pocket carry the Walther P22, when I am not carrying the Glock 19 Gen 4. Maybe its a little big for the pocket but no one has ever asked me if I was carrying, maybe they suspected....so I guess it conceals well enough. Still like the Glock mag capacity though versus the 10 in the Walther. Caliber discussion excluded.

4. keyspike

keyspike New Member

Glock 36 45 Cal. I really like it! Pierce extensions ( zero and one) Talon tape, Parker IWB. Ameriglo sights

5. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

I pocket carry a Sig p238 in a galco pocket holster. Works great for me.

6. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

A smith and wesson 442 38 Special

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

S&W 642 38+P or a Kahr CM9. Both work very well.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

S&W Chief's Special. A Model 36 Revolver in .38 Special. Bigger guns go to belt holsters.

9. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

So I'm hearing some votes for the snubbie revolver. Always figured that would be too bulky for let's say, front pocket of jeans or even khakis. Thoughts? I would think a pocket holster would be ideal.

10. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Up here one usually can be seen wearing a jacket. :D

You asked what gun for pocket carry. My 442 is the smallest gun I own, and only weighs about 14-15 ounces when emptied.

11. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I hear ya Anna, I'm in Wisconsin. Was curious about pants pocket carry. I should have specified.

12. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

13. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

No bad! But yeah.... Who's carrying what in pants pockets?

14. sc00ts

sc00ts New Member

I love my LCP iwb at 4 o'clock. I can easily wear gym shorts and a tshirt and I hardly even know it's there. I've tried front pocket carry around the house, all be it w/o a pocket holster, and just don't like it much. Do y'all carry front or back pocket? I probably wouldn't much like sitting on my gun either. I do like the advantage of being able to have hand on weapon and not drawing attention.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Sig 938 (9mm) and Smith S&W 637 (38 +P)

They work pretty good. At least as good as I ask them to be anyway....

16. notoriousM3

notoriousM3 New Member

I have two pocket pistols. A S&W Snub nose 38, and a Kahr pm9. The Kahr travels with me constantly because the S&W is heavy and I can't hit anything more than 5 feet away with it. The PM9 is very accurate even from 50 feet!

17. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I've been carrying my NAA loaded with Federal Hydra-Shok HP.32's for a dozen years. It's SS so has a little weight, but it's always functioned perfectly and center fire ammo is way more dependable than rim fire. When I retired back in the 80's I picked up the Beretta mod21 .22. I carried it for a number of years in total comfort. The only problem was that on a number of occasions while shooting it the gun FTF. It was very finicky where ammo was concerned except when using Federal high velocity, but I just felt I couldn't depend on it for SD. Also it had no extractor and when it didn't fire there was no second chance. The NAA makes a fine gun. My brother carries the same one as well and is also happy with it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  18. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. Short Barrel JHP.

19. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

I guess some folks have deeper pockets than others (pun intended):)..For pocket, small and light have to be a primary consideration along with some stopping capability (otherwise we'd carry a single shot 22). The LCP seems to fit the bill-reasonable cost, caliber, light and small. Just sliding it into a foam coolie cup holder makes it a comfortable pocket carry with no visible lines.

20. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

S&W Model 60 .357 in a Desantis Nemesis holster or an LC9 in the same Desantis style.

The stainless S&W when it's hot and the Ruger when it's cooler.