Your one favorite piece of hunting gear

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by icallshotgun88, Oct 11, 2013.

1. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

What is you're ONE most favorite piece of hunting gear?

Of course there is plenty of gear you like to take hunting with you, but what is your favorite peace of gear and why?

Range finder, binoculars, camp jacket, deer call, etc...

(I'm using this for inspiration on cool gear to buy...thanks in advance)

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A cheapo school kid backpack. It carries just enough to get my through a hunt in the small pouches. The large pouch is big enough to hold my clothes as I shed them.

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Out of all the "things" I've always had the two same knives and a camo "fanny pack". Keep my paperwork, smokes, shells etc in. Been around a while.

4. 304inc

304inc New Member

Full sized camel bak, fill it with 3liters of Gatorade, and still have plenty of room for gear,ammo, food...

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

when i hunted many years ago, my favorite piece of hunting gear was probably the gun i was going to use!

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Long Johns and coveralls! I guess that's two. Sorry.

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Toilet Paper, about half a roll, stuffed in my backpack

Not a very COOL accessory to have, but, have you ever been caught in the woods without it?

8. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

My WWII Navy Kabar with a razor sharp clip point. That knife will field dress anything on the continent and hold an edge forever.

9. Axxe55

other than the gun i was going to use, one of my favorite items were a good pair of binoculars for viewing the area i was hunting. had a much wider field of view than the scope on a rifle and were quicker to use.

10. 304inc

304inc New Member

Bwahaaa! I can't count the times I've come back from the woods or fishing with one sock on... now its a must have in the pack.

11. hkhunter

hkhunter New Member

Man I don't go anyone without a pocketknife and don't go hunting without a good fixed blade knife. I like either my Browning striker design, a Cold Steel or old Gerber

12. LIBERTY2

LIBERTY2 New Member

My model #25 Randall knife, custom made for me with a compass and finger grooved stag grip. FRJ

13. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

My gun,I take it no matter what I'm hunting (which 1 depends on the season ;)),everything else changes so there can't be a favorite if it's all different gear :p.

14. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

My compound bow. 2013 Bear Motive 7.

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Shoulder rig for my binno's... Holds em tight to my chest, "no flopping about", and gives enough tension to stabilize them when in use. Great improvement over the old neck strap.

Tack

16. 304inc

304inc New Member

One of my new favorite pieces of gear.

ForumRunner_20131012_174422.jpg

Went out early in September with my son and was covered in tiny ticks. Got this stuff at Walmart ( after a bowhunter friend suggested ) for like 9 bucks, treated clothes, went out the next weekend,,, not one tick.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Pemethrin is great stuff. Apply to clothes, not skin, let dry, will last for several washings.

One of my favorite bits of hunting gear is my hiking staff.

No- unlike one poster here, I do not use it to chase off bears and cougars. But is does keep me from busting my butt on slopes, stream crossings, etc. And doubles as my shooting stick for stability.

I do a couple of hunts where a favorite item is a sling type folding chair. Only walking about 300 meters- Hunting deer at the edge of a large broomstraw field (100 acres or so) with hardwood forest on the edges. My hide is a high point along an overgrown fence line (no skylining of self)

If I try to stand, I will move- and deer see movement. But I can sit, see over broomstraw, shooting from sitting position (with shooting stick) and I can sit comfortably without moving for hours. Also keeps your butt off the frozen/ wet ground.

18. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Your one favorite piece of hunting gear

My GPS. The way the sun circles up here, I never know where north is without it.

19. Axxe55

walking around in circles huh?:p

20. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You are surrounded by North. :p