Your most unusual gun

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by IDVague, Jul 7, 2010.

1. IDVague

IDVague New Member

This might not interest a lot of people, and this might not be the best area to post it, but here goes. What would you consider the oddest gun you own, or have owned. For me, it would be "own" because it is extremely rare for me to let one go once it is acquired.

The oddest piece I have is one I inherited from my Dad, a circa-1950 Stevens Model 124 12 gauge. I thought it was a semi-auto for years only to find it is a straight-pull bolt action. The "Tenite" stock and forearm make it very lightweight and it kicks like a mule. I've seen a few of these at gun shows and in shops over the years and they all appear to hold up well. They were never expensive, even new, and they can be bought cheap now. Well, all except my Dad's. Bill Gates couldn't buy that one.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

HK PSP P7 (squeeze cocker). Has the capability to allow a second hit of the primer without racking the slide to set the cock mechanism.

3. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Ruger Blackhawk Bisley .41 Magnum with a 7.5 inch barrel and a fluted cylinder--almost all were made with an unfluted cylinder.

4. right winger

right winger New Member

Oldest gun

I have a 1938 bolt action Remington .22

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

K31 Swiss, 1944 Mosin Nagant, 8mm Turkish Mauser, SKS. Maybe not all that odd. But I like them all.

6. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

I say old chaps, my most unusual gun is my Enfield No1 Mk 2* .38/200-calibre revolver. It's got a heavy trigger, but I love the way it breaks open and ejects all the spent rounds at once.

The Enfield No2 Mk 1* .38-Caliber Revolver

Plus, it's got the whole British thing going for it so you can shoot and talk like the Geico Gecko afterwards. Cheerio! ;)

7. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

1887 Winchester 12ga lever action.
    Originally owned by my great grandfather. I have found numerous ancient shell bases in my yard that I am positive came from this shotgun.

8. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  9. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

My Ar-15... Its rather out of place in my collection.

The most interesting gun Ive owned was a yugoslav m59/66a1 with 3 check marks in the stock. Ive got a feeling they werent there for number of deer he may of shot. It was a great gun, but i traded it for a no1 mk3*

10. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

My 'most unusual' would be my Bushmaster M17S Bullpup, in .223Rem.
    Bullpups have a certain following, and not everyone likes their ergonomics or looks. While certainly no 'target rifle', it does well with good ammo. SHort and handy, excellent gun to carry in a vehicle. Short overall length with full length barrel.

[​IMG]