Your "Mad Max" gun?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by molonlabexx, Oct 14, 2013.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Ok so for the past few weeks I have been thinking about which one of my guns are going to be my SHTF/WROL choices. I was thinking my Bersa thunder with a Mosin or an 870. How much ammo do you recommend? Should I buy a sling for the shotgun?

What would be the 2 guns you would pick in a WROL situation? What configurations are you running them with? How much ammo will your system allow in contrast to other non-firearm entities?

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Being I'm not a buggin out kind of guy storage of ammo isn't an issue. Suffice to say....Lots.

Out wandering the mean wastelands looking for gas tankers and the like? Could be anything. I would guess that trying to conceal would not be a high priority so maybe my scoped Super Redhawk with a 9.5" bbl..? Any time is a good time to sport a 1911. They never go out of style. I have a few choices there...Even a double stack 40 S&W, take THAT they don't hold enough guys :p
    My Yugo M70 under folder might come in handy in such a situation.

Truth be told I honestly don't give it a lot of thought. Like I said I'm sticking here and for that I (we) have a plan. As well as several choices to carry it out.:)

3. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I'm staying home too but I'll play along. I'll take my marlin 1894 in .357 mag and a 4in 357 revolver. Having a handgun and a carbine in the same caliber is ideal or me. Plus I have enough .38/.357 handloads to fill a kiddie pool.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've been looking for a decent deal on a 357 lever gun for a while now. So I"m going to hate you..But just a little nad only for a few minutes. But it will be intense!:eek::p

5. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Drumjunkie, look into the Rossi lever guns. I had one and loved it, but sold it to buy a boat (that I'm now selling). It would eat everything I fed it and shot as good as ANY lever action rifle I ever shot out to 100 yards.

6. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I don't think you can go wrong with the marlins. Small, light weight and as much fun to shoot as any gun in the safe IMO. I think I paid in the ballpark of $500 for mine a couple of years ago.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

m60.jpg

Ah.... I'm good with this one- but thanx.

My buddy has his own.

dog mg.jpg

Hey- the sign DID say "Beware of the Dog"

Assumptions on your part are your problem.

*get some, Rex*

9. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

HAHA LMAO only YOU would post this! Thanks for the laugh and remind me to not try and raid your house!

10. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll play the game too. Full time trucker here so I basically live in a "bugged out" state as part of my job, unless I'm at home already. I carry a m4 carbine in the under the seat position as well as a ruger Alaskan in .44 mag. Carry by foot is not in my options, (80ft long, 40 ton vehicle) as when rolling I'm damn hard to stop. Ammo? plenty!

Objectives: return to home base and link up with my support network. Strength in numbers!!!

11. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I wouldnt leave my house unless seriously forced to but if I was I would take my Marlin 60 and my Ruger Standard.

12. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Sounds like a very solid plan. May I recommend possibly a shotgun and maybe a 9MM for if you need concealment. Not sure how big the .44 is. Just some thoughts but again nice system. No one is really going to be able to stop the truck.

13. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Wow I am surprised to see so many people bugging in. I personally am going to bug in as I already know the area. I have never been a big fan of bug outs but both have their ups and downs. With bugging in you don't have to carry all your gear anywhere, it is already there.

14. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Springfield Armory M1A "Scout Squad" .308 Winchester

Glock 29 "Mini Glock" in 10mm

Ruger MkIII .22lr "Hunter" with 2X Burris scope

Savage 16 in .243 Winchester with 24" heavy barrel, 4-16x42 Nikon Monarch side-focus BDC scope.

Mossberg 500 12 ga with extended magazine.

That ought to do until I can pick up a few more items from my prey.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  15. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I'm gonna have to give you a citation for that mossy 500 :eek:

16. dwmiller

I considered the shotgun but the carbine does pretty much everything it can do and at a longer range! The Alaskan is a 2.2" barrel compact and IS my full time carry gun as I go into unsafe areas to make deliverys.

The M4 made the cut as in a SHTF situation I have a good possibility of picking up ammo from all those burnt out police cruzers the movies always show...:D

17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Pickins just been slim in these parts when I had the money to buy. Headed to a huge gun show deal this weekend though. I can settle on a Rossi but I do really want a Marlin. I've had great luck form them. But I can say I've not had any real troubles form Rossi either.

18. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Oh ok then the .44 will be just fine IMO. I am laughing at that comment about the burnt out police cruisers, no problem finding munitions there!

19. dwmiller

Sound basic plan. Stay in an area that you know and form a support network. Strength in numbers is natures survival strategy. Must mean it works. ;)

20. dwmiller

Well if its always on TV it means it MUST be real! I mean holywood wouldn't lie to us would they!?! :p

Wait they are in Kalifornia.......:rolleyes:

Damn I hate it when my world view gets turned upside down. Next you'll be telling me that the president lies to us :rolleyes::eek::mad: