Your LGS report

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Rifling82, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Went to the LGS today and picked up my Ruger Mark IV upper, a cheap red dot and two more magazines.
    It was very busy which was nice to see, the owner finally got his 9mm Gatling gun in, he said it’s actually pretty darn accurate.
    Couple of guns caught my eye, he had a Smith and Wesson Model 10-7 for $320 and a Canik TP9 Elite SC, for under $400 it’s a damn nice gun.
    He also had three different models of Sig 365’s.
    Usually it’s not so busy and we have pretty good conversations about new guns, what he has in his personal collection etc but no time for that today he was BUSY

OLD Ron likes this.
  2. Rifling82

Went to the gun shop today.... man I’m glad I’m stocked up on ammo, he was all out of 9mm, .380, .223.... he did have .357 and .38 special but I have plenty, no need to fight the crowd. Looking over the handguns I spotted a used S&W Model 60 I just couldn’t pass it up

3. Rifling82

I was a little surprised the guns weren’t all picked over there was several people coming in to check on their background checks. I’m glad I have my CCL I filled out my paperwork and he recorded my number and out the door I went

4. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

There is still plenty of ammo, and most of the gun shelves are full, here.

bluez, PANDEMIC, OLD Ron and 2 others like this.
  5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I hit the stock and field (formerly big R) store a few days ago. There was a pile of some off brand .22lr, a few boxes of 6.5 creedmore and other not so popular calibers. All other ammo was wiped out. Firearms was about 50% stocked.

The small privately owned store was the same.

crash11049, PANDEMIC and Rifling82 like this.
  6. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

well I would love to give a lgs report...but my state has closed all gun stores and is no longer doing nicks checks.
    Gov Murphy is doing what he wants, yep that's right Jersey is now going by Murphy's law.

7. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Our Governor announced LGS'S can open back up again. :D

bluez, OLD Ron, crash11049 and 2 others like this.
  8. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm surprised how some stores still have .22LR and its not alot but a solid amount. 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, .223, shotgun shells from what I've seen are the most popular considering they get harder and harder to find. .40S&W, .38 Special and some. 45 Auto are about the only handgun ammo my local hardware store continue to have in stock.

I went there the other day to get some 4BK and they still had plenty of buckshot, slugs and birdshot. Plenty of hunting ammo and .22LR, plenty of .40S&W, .some 38 Special, some .45 Auto. But 9mm and 5.56 are wiped out. Some .223, 7.62 left (very little) but then again this hardware store has okay prices but for most ammo like hunting rounds and some heavy birdshot for example is double the price then what my LGS and my local Walmart usually charges.

9. Rifling82

I forgot to mention, mine had plenty of .22 left, everyone around here must still be stocked up from the last freak out

10. PaBushMan

2 of our walmarts have plenty of 22 ammo. But the one where i got my new rifle had none. Only rim fire they had was some 17 cal.

Rifling82 and PANDEMIC like this.
  11. Missfire

Missfire New Member

The Academy down the road had a line for firearms that had to be 50 yards + long

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  12. PaBushMan

My local walmart is out of 22 ammo now. One guy walked up to the counter and said oh no. No 22's. I told him he should have learned from the last shortage and stocked up. I don't think he liked my comment . He just walked away.

primer1, OLD Ron, TankTop and 2 others like this.
  13. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

I still have a couple thousand rounds of M-22, man that stuff shoots HOT!!!

14. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Some brands of 22 if that's what one needs. No 380, 9mm, 40, 223/556, 350 Legend, or 7.62X39 I see at any one this areas stores of all types locally. I need none as I learned on the first shortage, stay stocked up. But, this is worse shortage I have ever seen during all the Political driven shortages.

Now, I do know many, many middle of the road Democrats that never owned much if any in the way of guns. They have been buying fast this year. All these friends have the same reason. Self Defense and home protection. They are very worried about this Corona stuff and the Radicals behind Bernie. I've been pleasantly surprised. A few have told me "You guys have been right all along. Should a listed earlier."

So, in my area, I feel better about things if all hexx breaks loose.

bluez, primer1, OLD Ron and 1 other person like this.
  15. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

LGS is HIGH priced and VERY proud of their stuff, owner is a troll, never go there. He told me they were going to build an indoor range and all brass that hits the floor would belong to him. I said I would never shoot there. Local pawn shop is much nicer, high on ARs, decent on other stuff, and they have full racks for handgun, shotguns and rifles. Was there three days ago, picked up some Red Army Standard 7.62x39mm ammo for $7.99 a box of 20. Since I normally reload everything I have no idea if that was sky high or not, but I like the place - they charge $10 for transfers, family owned outfit I've been dealing with for years. With NICS in shock, I am waiting the 3 days period to pick up my newest toy. Shoulda never let my CCW lapse....

16. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Round here there hasn’t been much abnormal activity at the gun stores. but, then again it is central Idaho, in the most 2A county, in a 2A state, and folks around here are pretty much well supplied.

So, they aren’t buying up much ammo, and we all are pretty much well armed anyhow.

Oldoutlaw, primer1 and Rifling82 like this.
  17. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

My favorite and nearest LGS closed (retired) a couple months ago. I went there couple days before closing and contributed to his retirement by buying a CZ P07. Thinking he should have waited a couple months to retire. Probably would have sold lots of guns now.

18. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

Well I am happy to say that thanks to President Trump, gun stores in New Jersey are open again.
    gov. murphy (lower case was not a mistake) is the most anti gun Gov. in America.
    With many anti gun types trying to get guns now, and seeing first hand the real process of getting one. I can hope that they will see that the laws here, are some of the strictest in America.
    When they realize murphy is not sending his personal armed body guards to help them,
    While they are protecting there toilet paper hoard and family with a pointy stick.

When Corona is over I hope there will be many more Pro gun owners in NJ. and things will change.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Rifling82 likes this.