Your LGS report

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Rifling82, Jan 11, 2020.

1. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Oh by the way, check this out!

This is a .50 BMG Rifle, that my LGS is selling.
    Runs at $4200 and comes with 14 boxes of ammo.
    Expensive as hell, and the muzzle end is as big as my hand lol!

20200118_144720.jpg

2. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Nice

Rifling82 and PANDEMIC like this.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We have so many I would not know where to start. It is insane for a town our size to have so many gun stores. There are 6 within 1 mile. Some are specialized and build AR's. Extar builds their AR9 pistols here. There was a guy that specialized in AK's but I dont know if he is still building them.

4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

There's a gun dealer on every corner and up every hollow around here.

That said I mostly do private transaction and buy ammo at rural king.

5. youngridge

youngridge Well-Known Member Supporter

Don’t have a very local LGS, one is 30 minutes away the other is 45, I prefer the one that is 45 minutes away because the owner and the employees are more very nice and easy to deal with. There prices are often the same if not a bit cheaper than anything I find from the big online retailers, some are higher but never by much. Ammo is never a a smoking deal but it is very fair. I like to support them.

OLD Ron, PANDEMIC and Rifling82 like this.
  6. NHForester

NHForester Active Member

My LGS, which I love, has announced their closing by the end of 2020. This is sad news but I’m happy for the owners who want to retire and travel and enjoy their grandkids. Just great people. They ha e been closed for the last three weeks doing a full inventory. I’m going to stop in on Tuesday when they open and see if they have any basket case projects they want to get off the books for a decent price.

7. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

No real "gun store" close. Couple of pawn shops. Farm and Home has best selection, especially handguns. Game Master is a gun/hunting/fishing store across the Mississippi River in Quincey Illinois but a freaking hassle to buy a gun thanks to Illinois' stupid laws. Walmart has a total of 15 long guns tonight (a few really cheap).

Fellow up the river just opened an indoor range in a town of maybe 300 people, Told me he had a little over $1 million invested. State of the art, really. Hope he makes it.

OLD Ron, jbardellini and Rifling82 like this.
  8. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Wow. I wish him luck! But I'm glad I didn't invest.

9. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yikes

10. jbardellini

jbardellini Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Yikes yes but that’s the average cost and than some usually

Rifling82 likes this.
  11. Rifling82

Hopefully he was born rich, I would hate to be using the bank’s money

freefall likes this.
  12. freefall

Better theirs than mine!

Rifling82 likes this.
  13. jbardellini

jbardellini Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I’m sure it was mostly self funded unfortunately with minimal bank funding if any

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. freefall

Crap. We all pay bankers so they can lose a boatload on convincing dreams.

15. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Not that I've tried, but I would imagine it would be hard to find a banker willing to invest in anything firearm related.

Rifling82 likes this.
  16. Rifling82

I think if I had a million to invest and wanted to do something firearms related, I would open a gun shop

OLD Ron and PeeJay1313 like this.
  17. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why but the last couple of times I've been to a few of the LGS 9mm to 45 jhp caliber ammo has been scarce.

Asked the managers ,they just said lately it was selling faster than they could get it restocked. All but one. But he is twice as high on ammo.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

One /lgs here is VERY reasonable on guns, has a large inventory, has an excellent smith that is reasonably priced....BUT.....

Their prices on ammo, components, accessories, etc are all +MSRP++

Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  19. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

20. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

Our Rural King is very competitive with most gun shops around here,(good for you, RK) which, IMO,
    is just shy of ridiculous. I've gotten a few guns at the LGS, but they're good on service, and high on retail cost. I guess they don't care because they own the local range, too.

There's a couple pawn shops, I call the closest one "The Museum". Every firearm they have is "rare" (which translates to "overpriced", to any buyer) Most their stuff sits around for months, if not years. I always thought the reason you used a Pawn Shop was to save money. (guess not)

There's the local Bass Pro. Now does BP sort all their ammo by brand, instead of caliber, at ALL their branches, or just the tubes at this store? Because WTF is that about ?

Rifling82 likes this.