Your insight sought on sights/scope for 10/22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by BMC7, Jul 23, 2011.

1. BMC7

BMC7 New Member

Hello all,
    I was curious if anyone would kindly share their recommendations for any alternate sights, red dot or scope etc for use on my new basic Ruger 10/22 carbine. For both in-close and far-out targets or does that even matter-
    I have not owned one before but have used many and did not know if there was a smart alternative to the factory metal sights. Thank you-

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

A simple 3x-9x would be fine on your 10/22. Be sure to either get a rimfire scope or 1 that has adjustable objective. Rimfire scopes will have the factory parallax adjusted for 50 yards. Scopes with adjustable objective will have adjustable parallax and are usually at least 4x-12x in power.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have a Cabela's rimfire scope on mine. Got it for half price at 50 bucks. Comes with a lifetime guarantee and according to the guy at the counter, if it gets broken they don't ask questions, they just take care of the customer!

5. tallyman

tallyman New Member

Ronhart International has some nice mini-scope kits under $100 available for the Ruger 10/22. Kits include a scope, Picatinny rail and rings.

Attached Files:

6. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

I am a big fan of the Centerpoint line of optics available at Walmart. The AR22 is a 3-9x32 and is parallax free at 50 yards. It comes with tip-off rings, illuminated reticle, and fast focus ring for under $60. Hard to beat.