your gun rights during a state of emergency

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by downsouth, Oct 30, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

State of Emergency should entail one's possession of firearms, food, flashlights, medical supplies, water, etc. How are firearms confiscated without raising warning flags of a more sinister plot to disarm citizens. Hell if they're dying for water, medicine, or food. "Just get their firearms!"

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Fema guy knocks on the door he is getting run the hell off. How do i know he is actually fema and not some thug claiming such in order to easily steal my firearms.

Wonder how many stupid people thats going to happen to...

4. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

SUMMARY AS OF:
    7/25/2006--Passed House amended.

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 - Amends the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to prohibit any U.S. officer or employee or any person operating under federal authority, while acting in support of relief from a major disaster or emergency, from: (1) seizing or prohibiting possession of any firearm the possession of which is not otherwise prohibited (other than for forfeiture in compliance with federal law or as evidence in a criminal investigation); (2) requiring registration of any firearm not otherwise required; or (3) prohibiting the carrying of a firearm by any person otherwise authorized to carry a firearm.

Provides that nothing under this Act shall be construed to prohibit requiring the temporary surrender of a firearm as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation during a major disaster or emergency.

Authorizes any individual aggrieved by a violation of this Act to seek relief by bringing an action for redress for deprivation of rights and by bringing a civil action in U.S. district court for return of a confiscated firearm.

5. -06

-06 New Member

Ain't got no stinkin gunz to be confiscated. Lost them all in the big boat wreck. Thinking about getting a single shot 22 and 20 gauge.

6. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Once a marshal law is proclaimed authorities will seize whatever they deem necessary to keep order. After Katrina New Orleans was supposed to be free of firearms. Yet no one in the French Quarter or anyone who had their own transportation turned over their weapons. It was only forced onto people getting on busses going to shelters in other cities. The end result was crime went up because all that was left in the flood damaged areas were armed looters.

7. fmj

fmj New Member

Not true...they (the govt thugs) went door to door disarming citizens that chose not to flee.

IN passed a law after katrina similar to the one posted above.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I have disagreed with some of the local sheriff's ideals before, but i don't think he is anywhere near dumb enough to try that around here. As for the feds, many people around here still refer to them as "revenuers". Not happening.

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

My gun rights are rights. Rights CANNOT be suspended, or taken away. Any and ALL attempts to confiscate a firearm for ANY reason is unconstitutional, and therefore illegal. Anybody confiscating firearms are therefore commiting a felony. I will defend my property, and my rights against felons. Nuff said.

That said, I don't think I will ever have to defend my rights like this. I'm lucky to live in a gun friendly state that is surrounded by other gun friendly states. There is a gun in almost every home here. Only an idiot would try to confiscate them.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  10. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Well, I don't know about you guys, but when they come for my guns I will give them the "bullets" first.:D

11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I agree with this 100%....I often wonder how much water that arguement holds for anyone claiming to be an authority in other situations. The police pull you over on a rural road at night for instance.

12. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Good thread.

I think it would be pretty tough for them to "pick-up" guns in my area. The citizens with rights would protest. Not many people here would offer up a gun for forfeiture. I am quite sure that most gun's would be missed, overlooked, if the pick-up crew could even continue it's efforts. . It would be easier for crews to head somewhere else, than to face the verbal wrath of my neighbors.

Coyotes, Racoons, Moles are constant threats, and most of my neighbors are well armed and value their right to defend themselves from pests.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Get a couple of old clunkers out of the safe and put them near the front door.

Get the thugs name, badge number, or rank and unit ID, and give him the klunklers. (keep the good stuff hidden.)

When the situation is over, sue his arse off.

14. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

my question is when they went door to door confiscating guns HOw did they who had them and who did not what did they do go ravaging around the house searching for guns or did they just simply ask? if they simply asked for them who is going to be stupid enuff to say ya take em all their in the back room?

15. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Legal or not if the police ask for your guns you have no choice but to give them up. They always have over-whelming force so you give up or you die. If you are an old guy like me with little to lose it would be bad for the police but you young guys had best give up so you can pick your later battles.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Rednecks tend to gather around the genny in such times. Imagine a pair of officers stopping by Mom's place to ask for her guns; who would answer the door, me, BIL's, nephews, Father, sisters? Not exactly "over-whelming force" unless they call in another dozen deputies (most of their force). Rednecks also tend to go outside, maybe even come on over, when the cops show up; i'm pretty sure her neighbors (mostly well armed) would be unhappy with anybody hassling dear old Mom.

They can try, but it would be unwise, and i'm sure they know this.

17. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

if they try to take guns there will be a whole pack of 'em

18. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

If they want em, they'll get em. Make no mistake, they assess and defuse situations for a living and they have it down to an absolute science. Resist, argue, or make any fast movements, or address them as anything but "sir" and it will be a flash bang or a tear gas canister through a window and a boot on your neck. While you are pinned down on the ground with taser barbs stuck in your back be sure and expect a rifle butt across the back of your head and the sudden onset of unconsciousness and probably seizures. If you are lucky enough to survive that encounter you can count on charges being pressed against you after they loot your property looking for a perfectly legal piece of equipment that was suddenly declared as contraband by one poorly thought out order by one poorly educated authority figure.
    Learn the lessons from Nawlins. "Laws" and "Rights" take a back seat to "Emergency Measures".

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

They don't have the manpower to do a thorough search of every house. If you live in a free state, how are they going to know what you have????:D

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The folks that live in the High Lonesome of the Rocky Mtns are warriors. Randy Weaver and his family were tough no give Idaho gun owners. Randy was set up by the BATF. They sent in Federal Snipers who killed his wife, dog and two children. Randy was a VN Vet but you can only give so much. The Feds can push the stakes higher than you can reach. :(