Your gun fetish???

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Big-Nasty, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

I'm not real picky about what I like when it comes to guns as long as it shoots good, operates good, and is worth the price. And like most good Americans I like just about anything that has MADE IN USA stamped on it. But I have a gun fetish. I like alot of older European guns. Especially Russian and German. The looks, designs, different calibers, and even the names they have. So if you have a gun fetish, what is it? And please don't trash my thread. I hate it when good threads turn to **** and are closed.

2. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I would say I have a few, wood and steel, anything that comes with or can mount a bayonet, I also like odd ball weapons the weird ones that might not have been great but just are odd kind of like the K31 action or maybe old pistols like the Frommer Model 1912.

So far the biggest gun I want for my "fetish" is differently an old 12 gauge trench gun with the bayonet, got to love old wood and steel 12 gauge pump with a pointy stick on the end!

3. kaido

kaido New Member

I have a thing for older style military firearms. Just about anything from WWII and back. Call me crazy, but I wish firearms could talk. I think some would have such a great story to tell of who owned them furring the war and which ones they where actually used in. Only modern military rifle I have a thing for is the M4.

4. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I'm a gun addict and in love with the ak47 or anything Russian other than the Sks not big on the Sks but ak, nagant, dragunov, sagia 12 and it all .. If. It shoots I like it... I just found a love in lever actions also and got 3 lol

5. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I have guns from many periods and makers. The guns that I prefer are wood and metal and I really love guns that takedown.

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

The model 94 is my addiction, im at 83 in various calibers an i do have all the commerative model 94's any thing winchester in lever gun or pre 64 i dont pass up, it goes home with me

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

While I DO have stainless and synthetic stocked guns, I really like good wood and blued steel in ANYTHING.

Carried by a 19 yr old redhead cheerleader (Umm- you DID say fetish!)

8. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Wooooooooooo now thats what im talkin bout

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

First, let me state that I am not a gun snob. If I have the money, I will buy ANY gun, minus pot metal guns, and Saturday night specials (well, maybe one as a tackle box gun if it was safe to shoot.)

But I do have a fetish that most of ya'll probably already know about (and if you don't, you weren't paying close enough attention. :D). I love military surplus guns, and odd looking/designed guns. I also love cowboy guns. ;)

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Old and weird, my fav's. New and cool is neat but CNC's and composites make it easy for anyone to try their hand at gun-making. The old Smiths really had challenges with raw materials and milling machines run by steam engines, yet they produced weapons of every shape and size without teams of designers, assembly lines and high tech powders.

In a war, I want something completely different than what I want in my gun rack at home, M1 Abrams, Maw Deuce, MK 19, SAW, M16a2, AK 47 in that order!

At home, my K31, Rem M11, Martini Henri, Ithaca's big and small, Wards Western, and a few others of long ago are King. I do like C3's addition of a living "Rack", (gun), not a bad Idea, Wife's not gonna appreciate it but what the hell!

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

My thing is the ar15/m16. I think they are the best looking rifles out there. I will take aluminum and plastic over steel and wood when it comes to ar15s. Ive got more ar uppers and pieces than anything else. Being able to work on every aspect of an ar15 myself is really what i like the most.

Its also kinda why i like my savage 10 so much. I wish savage offered a 110 series in 458winmag....

12. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I guess I have a thing for military style firearms, Lord knows I got a bunch of em..................

13. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I love 8mm mausers. I own a k98,VZ 24, m24/47 and a m48 So far I have only fired the k98. I love them as is I dont plan on changing any thing on these rifles except the triggers. Anytime I see one in the 200 dollar range at a gunshow i buy it.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I like milsurps. Like Mosins, that double in value when you load them.

It's fun, trying to see how well you can shoot with something not

designed to shoot sub-MOA.

15. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

Movie guns. I love guns I can tie to a memorable hero or villain from a movie. The Mare's Leg (Firefly Zombieland, Steve McQueen), Webley and Hi Power (Indiana Jones), etc.

16. RaySendero

RaySendero Member

Well...Didn't know I had a "fetish" till I read this thread.

I like pretty old accurate rifles with blued steel and wood stocks :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. danolator

danolator New Member

Lever action cowboy guns. Major fan on the 30-30.

18. detroit2786

detroit2786 New Member

I love sporterized Mausers. I know to many of you that is blasphemy, but I love a good re-worked gun set up to full potential. Here are two of my babies.

Attached Files:

19. snyder77

snyder77 New Member

looks nice and clean.

what rifle is that action from?

20. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Another mil-surp fan here..... I HAD a Russian fetish, but its turned into a Japanese one.. (Wish I could afford a US fetish... :( )