Your Government at Work

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by suprdave, May 23, 2010.

1. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Your government at work……… cattle guards.JPG

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet………….

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado. Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Vice-President, Joe Biden, intervened with a request that…. before any “cattle” guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And these guys are running our country...

2. jca1

jca1 New Member

I will now say "Knee" to you!

knee knee knee knee knee knee knee.........

3. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

Nope

Sorry guys, but this one is not true. It goes back 15 years and was also used on President Clinton. I always check these type of stories on snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages for accuracy before commenting or forwarding. It is a pretty good site for checking facts.

All said and done, it's still funny.

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

It was just a joke, anyway! You will learn that (almost) all of my posts come with a sarcasm flag! Carry on!

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Quoted for Truth. LOL - Dave makes every attempt to both educate & humiliate through sarcasm and witty responses.

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I always thought these were Cattle Guards.
    rottweiler.jpg
    At least that was what they were used for.

7. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Witty? Wow! Thanks! That almost brought a tear to my eye. I said ALMOST! I'm not some sissy dude that cries!

8. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Actually doesn't even matter if it's not true - the fact that it seemed so believable says more about the current VP than anything.

[​IMG]

9. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not to hijack threads, but as my sig line says, sometimes we DO have a failure to communicate. Friend was a motor pool officer for the Army. Ordered some repair parts for the M151A1 (jeep to civilians) . Ordered 4 of the hanger assemblies for the muffler. Guess what they were trying to ship to him? Four HANGAR assemblies. Yep- 4 of the prefab aircraft maintenance hangars. Error in coding the National Stock Numbers. WHOOPS!:p

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Us aviation guys saw right through that pic. First, that's a tire-shaker, designed to jostle debris from the treads of vehicle tires so that it doesn't wind up on taxiways, runways, or ramps.
    Secondly, there's no fence connected to it! :D