Your favourite childhood toys

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Here,s the deal so many of my favourite childhood toys are now banned under ludicrous big brother laws. I thought in might be a good idea for us oldies to remember our main favourites. Heres mine. And no posting your current toys or favourite guns lol.

Lone Ranger cap gun, removeable shells that came apart just like real ammo. There was a Wichchester that ejected rounds when you worked the lever and of course the good old Airfix FN SLR and Thompson alike firing little grey bullets from a detachable mag, it even had a wee plastic bayonet. Loadsa fun and no one got maimed or killed........or called an armed response unit and chopper.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ah.......memories!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I'm only 28, but most of the toys I grew up with seem to be extint. Toy stores are just sad nowadays.

Meccano was one of my all time favourites, I spent hours building things with my dad and grandad. I think they enjoyed it a lot more than I did! My grandfather would always be on the lookout for extra sets or plans to build different things.

[​IMG]

Luckily, though Meccano Ltd. closed it's doors in the late '70s (before I was born), an Argentine company (Exacto) kept producing sets and actually bought the trademark.

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I had as a kid from 1978 and still have a few remaining, each wrapped in white cotton towels was Battlestar Galactica, they shot red little plastic bullets, about 10 to 15 feet. Big Brother stepped in and said the red plastic bullets were a choking hazard and force the manufacture to fix the toys to not shoot.

My other favorite and admit it all - is old school Hot Wheels from the early days to the late 70's.

5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thanks Cane i had totaly forgotten about good old hopalong. He brought back some long forgotten memories.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I had metal cap guns, six shooters that weighed a good amount, not the plastic crap of today. Also had the pop gun shotguns and even a cork gun a time or two. Dont know if the piss pipe counts as a toy so maybe I should leve mine out. LOL

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Apparent evil......:mad:

Attached Files:

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Have you found any yet?

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

At $100 apiece. I'm going with the Roman replicas.:mad::mad:

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I had a Thompson SMG that took a whole roll of paper caps. Wind it up and let rip.

It was my dad's when he was a kid. No idea where it ended up in one of our many moves.

I saw one in an antique store last year and they were asking $2,000 for it. Doh.

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

There was a couple of sisters that lived next door, need I say more?

12. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

Mine was a donald duck fishng pole or weebles. If I rember. I had a few. They had a commerciall sompting like the weeble and wobble buut don't fall down

13. spittinfire

My wife says hers was a sit'n spin. I had a YZ50 has a kid. My dad brought it home barely running and we completely rebuilt it from top to bottom.

14. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I know I am only 18, but I was a strange 9 year old.
    I bought most of my toys from yard sales. My favorite was a snub nose revolver that shot caps. Rathe than that, I made my toys. I would go up into the forest and make weapons. I would make wooden daggers, swords, spears and dad even helped me make a shield. I also made bows with yarn as the string. I then taught myself how make sheaths and quivers. At first I weaves it all, but then I learned that I could spendy chore money on cloth.
    I had the dagger on my low back, the arrow quiver on my thigh, the sword on my back and the bow in my hand. I then got a medicine bag and learned about native American herbs. I harvested them and actually used them sometimes.

I made extra and the nieghbor hood boys and I would play Indian war.

15. murraywc

murraywc New Member

My dad had enough military surplus we outfitted all of the neighborhood kids and we had wars. We would set up full camps with pup tents. If you had a real looking toy rifle you used it if not you used a stick and rock were grenades. We played outside all day outside because we had no video games and there was nothing all day on the 3 chanels we had except soaps and we didn't have air anyway. Or we would ride our bikes all day with no helmets or pads and I had the stitches to prove it.

16. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

You see, this is why I wish video games would remain in a building called an arcade. Granted, I like video games, but I do not play them all of the time. I pick up about 1 adventure game a year and beat. This year is Fallout 3.

I didn't get video games until I was about 14 or 15. So I pretty much grew up w/o them. I live in a depression house so we have one window air conditioning.

Now days I talk to 11 year olds and they say that they have been trying to beat Pokemon for the past week while sitting in front of the air conditioning.
    This makes people pussies. -_-

17. spittinfire

That makes 2 of us.

18. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Im only 35 but when I was a kid atari just came out and i had one. Difference is I was more into riding bikes in the Arizona desert, jumping off high stuff and yes no helmet or pads involved.

19. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

To the original question A marlin 39m. I love that gun so much still have and glad I didn't trade it for anything.

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member