Firearms Talk banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts
O like the episode of triggers. weapins that changed the world..
. Will willis says he prefers the grease gun to the thompson all the way..... He liked that he could carry more ammo....... And the grease gun was easier to shoot accurate... I would love to shoot one

Grease gun was a great tanker piece, tread heads arent particularly great with portable arms anyways. The GG fit the bill, light, low maint and sprays lead like a farmer with wad of Beechnut! Never found them particularly accurate past 50' but that wasnt their trick anyways.

Ma/ Maw Deuce is the champ! Not very portable but a real talker and looker and nearly 100 years old. Ive signed for pallets of 50 cal and its pretty much the most reliable and deadly of all med to heavy MG's! We were always told that targeting people was a no-no, just equipment. I always figured if they were naked, let them go, otherwise they had some equipment to shoot at!

There is nothing more impressive than the sound and sight of two 50 cal's with good gunners walking in the rounds and talking to a target during a volley fire with tracers at sunset! Thats when you can truly appreciate their impressive power and accuracy all in one sitting. Its best to be behind them than not in front and not all that much fun to be in the vehicle below one with the hatch open, showers of hot brass raining in!

Its lasted so long because its just so damn good, how do you improve on 100 years of solid service?

WebleyFosbery38 said:
Grease gun was a great tanker piece, tread heads arent particularly great with portable arms anyways. The GG fit the bill, light, low maint and sprays lead like a farmer with wad of Beechnut! Never found them particularly accurate past 50' but that wasnt their trick anyways.

Ma/ Maw Deuce is the champ! Not very portable but a real talker and looker and nearly 100 years old. Ive signed for pallets of 50 cal and its pretty much the most reliable and deadly of all med to heavy MG's! We were always told that targeting people was a no-no, just equipment. I always figured if they were naked, let them go, otherwise they had some equipment to shoot at!

There is nothing more impressive than the sound and sight of two 50 cal's with good gunners walking in the rounds and talking to a target during a volley fire with tracers at sunset! Thats when you can truly appreciate their impressive power and accuracy all in one sitting. Its best to be behind them than not in front and not all that much fun to be in the vehicle below one with the hatch open, showers of hot brass raining in!

Its lasted so long because its just so damn good, how do you improve on 100 years of solid service?
About your second paragraph, just say your aiming for their canteenXD

Rusty, agreed, pin on rank, buttons, helmets and chinstraps also fit the bill! If my gunners can determine youve got ill intent, its an easy choice, your equipment is toast!!!

Are you the same Rusty Shackleford that posts In the Utica OD?

WebleyFosbery38 said:

M2 aka maw deuce is not a sub machine gun or SMG.... But it is nasty.... Ive heard some stories from infantry vet friends of mine... And they used it for more than equipment

Gaspump, your correct, that was a misfire of sorts on my part but later I did ID it out of class as a Med/ heavy MG, by god it is a Heavy MG, try to pick one up!

It would take one hell of a frame and shooter to fire a 50cal BMG in a pistol, Im sure Rambo could have done it but the rest of us would have broken arms if we tried it. We did fire at popup human silhouettes on live fire ranges along with vehicle popups, we always were told to train as we fight and didnt lose any points for hitting the human like targets!

That was always a silly rule anyways, if its OK to engage walking targets with a Mortar, why not a 50cal?

WebleyFosbery38 said:
Gaspump, your correct, that was a misfire of sorts on my part but later I did ID it out of class as a Med/ heavy MG, by god it is a Heavy MG, try to pick one up!

It would take one hell of a frame and shooter to fire a 50cal BMG in a pistol, Im sure Rambo could have done it but the rest of us would have broken arms if we tried it. We did fire at popup human silhouettes on live fire ranges along with vehicle popups, we always were told to train as we fight and didnt lose any points for hitting the human like targets!

That was always a silly rule anyways, if its OK to engage walking targets with a Mortar, why not a 50cal?
Yea it is silly. My good friend was in Afghanistan in 2010. I dont want to get into details about the stuff he saw, because frankly i think some of it violated the G. Convention. And he is a "straight shooter" not a B.S.er and not the type to brag or boast.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.