Your Favorite Springfield Firearm

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by RagenFlac, Feb 15, 2013.

1. RagenFlac

RagenFlac New Member

To date my favorite SA Firearm is the XD40 Service model! It's very comfortable in my hand, the action is great and the 6# trigger pull is perfect!

Looking to try the 9mm eventually to see if it has a better feel to it.

2. RagenFlac

RagenFlac New Member

Your Favorite SA Firearm

To date my favorite SA Firearm is the XD40 Service model! It's very comfortable in my hand, the action is great and the 6# trigger pull is perfect!

Looking to try the 9mm eventually to see if it has a better feel to it.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Ragen see if the mods will move this to the semi auto pistols section for you.

i have the XDm40 and can say it's a very nice pistol and so far one of my favorite polymer pistols to date. i like SA 1911's as well and have had several over the years. my current SA 1911 is the Loaded Micro Compact 45. was very expensive but IMO worth every penny spent buying it. very accurate for a 3" barreled psitol and very compact and has awesome night sights! definately one of my favorites.

4. RagenFlac

RagenFlac New Member

Thanks for the feed back. Realized I was in the wrong section after posting and couldn't figure out how to delete so started a new thread in the semi- Auto section under XD Handguns.

Since I'm fairly new to this forum what is a mod?

5. Axxe55

Moderators, C3shooter, Winds Of Change, JonM, ScottA, Canebrake are some of the moderators. they can move it to the appropriate section. just send one of them a PM and let them know and they will be glad to move it for you.

6. RagenFlac

RagenFlac New Member

Thanks axxe55. I will PM them and see if they can help.

7. Axxe55

cool! BTW, welcome tothe forum!:D

8. RagenFlac

RagenFlac New Member

Thanks. PM'd a mod and will see what happens. I really like this forum. Lots of good info and good people. Excellent place for gun talk. Especially for new gun owners like myself.

9. Axxe55

it's agood forum and we are about sharing knowledge and helping the noobs out as best we can. lots of great members here on the forum and the mods are pretty good people as well.

a lot of older shooters enjoy passing on information and teaching those new to firearms about them and helping them make the best choices for their needs. but of cours there are always wants instead of needs sometimes!

10. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

I really like the XD 9 Tactical for range and competition, but had used my xdsc 9 as my everyday carry for the last three years (until this month when I got a new XDM 3.8 45). I really like all of these guns with absolutely no problems over many 1000 rounds between them. I do like the feel of the XDM slightly better. The XDM 45 is really a sweat gun to shoot.

11. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Loaded 1911. My only SA to date.

12. JustinM

JustinM New Member

XDM 40 3.8 for sure.

image-2640387591.jpg

13. Axxe55

this is my viewpoint on SA XD platform. the XD's are a very good pistol, just that IMO the XDm is better version of a great pistol. trigger seems smoother, interchangeable grip backstraps and match grade barrels. recontoured slide and better sights. i just think of the XDm as an improved version of the XD!

now the SA 1911's. these are fantastic pistols. very reliable and very well built. range in price and features, to suit just about any budget. overall, in the whole scheme of things, i would put the SA 1911's as running close to Colt 1911's. i have nothing but high praise for Colt 1911's, so IMO the SA 1911's are definately top notch.

14. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

My little XDs has made a SA believer, I woulda went for a S&W if they had something comparable to the XDs, but after shootin the XD no regrets!! Now ta save up for my first 1911(very likely a SA)

Attached Files:

15. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

My MC Operator

Attached Files:

16. orangello

orangello New Member

You owe me a monitor bracket or a cervical vertebra, your option. ;)

I love my XD45 with the 5" geezer barrel. A shooting buddy has the XD9 with the 4" barrel, and it is a fine, smooth-shooting lil pistol with a comfy grip and very managable recoil. That said, i would really like to compare them to a M1A1 by SA before i make my final choice.

I would also like to see Mecgar make some mags to fit these things.

17. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

My favorite that I own is my XDS. I really want to get a TRP Operator as my next 1911.

18. DropZone889

DropZone889 New Member

I love my XD-40 V10 ported and the Laserlyte rear laser sights!!!! Plus the ultra low pro S&W LED Light, came with 12rd cap factory mags.

Attached Files:

19. DavidN

DavidN New Member

XDM 5.25 9mm is my fav. But I love all kinds of weapons except the Glock. No offense to the Glock owners. It's just not my cup of tea so to speak.

Attached Files:

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

My fav is one I haven't owned, but it's on my short list. Springfield EMP 9mm.

Everybody makes 1911's... ok, everybody who I would buy one of their guns. There are lots of guns similar to the XD's and XDM's.

The EMP is something unique, and it just feels wonderful in the hand.