Your favorite shooter in 9mm or 45acp

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by StainlessSteel215, Jan 29, 2013.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Decided to show some love for my favorite shooter and see what everyone else brings to the table. Bought my little SA Ultra Compact 1911 chambered in 9mm a few months back and its been a dream. Incredibly accurate, reliable, and easy to control, I think I've had ONE failure to feed in that entire time and Ive fed it at least 5 types of various hollow points to test it!

I'm hitting group of 3-4" from 15 yards which for me is good. Picked up a nice leather IWB holster when I do carry it and it disappears completely....

All around my favorite shooter of all-time (so far).

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

9mm sig p226

.45 sig p220

3. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Springfield MC Operator in .45. Dream to shoot!

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

My favorite is my Rock River Elite Commando 45 ACP. In the Ransom Rest it will shoot a 1 inch group at 50 yards.
    I certinly can not shoot it that accurate at that distance!

Here is a little history about the RRA Elite Commando Model! Of course Colt got their skirts in a tizzy because of the words Elite and the word Commando! So RRA Changed the name to pacify the spoiled brats in the industry who think they own every name and designation to do with weapons. Like the battle with Bushmaster over the designation "M-4" with Bushmaster products. Colt claimed it as an infringement and their designation. They sued Bushmaster which resulted in a long court battle! Bushmaster won the lawsuit by the way letting others use the terminology M-4. Rather than jack with Colt over the name. Rock River renamed the Elite Commando to be called the Pro Carry Model! But they were the identical weapon. They later challenged Rock River over using the word Government on the 1001 RRA Government Model. But the issue went away and RRA still uses the term today. Just a little added industry history!

Attached Files:

5. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Now that is very sweet!!

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

In .45, it's a toss up between my Fusion Firearms frame 1911 or the Ed Brown Kobra carry.

In 9mm, I like the H&K PSP P7, then the Hi-Power (not Hi-Point)

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Definitely got to be my Kimber Ultra CDP II, it is a tack driver.

Attached Files:

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Mine is a cheapy. I have a XD that is really nice but the 5.5" barrel doesn't make it easy to carry. I like my Ruger P95 the best. It has a great trigger, 15 shot capacity and it seldom needs cleaning. It has combat accuracy over 25 yards. I can carry it in a pancake holster all the time without looking like I am going fly fishing or skeet shooting.

9. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Both of these guns have .45 ACP cylinders, though I don't often use them.

[​IMG]

I do like the shorter one for plinking or casual shooting. Gives me a .45 ACP that doesn't require half moon or full moon clips, nor do I have to fool with loading a magazine every so often. And the ejector throw is long enough that I get complete ejection with that little short case. And the empty cases are deposited right into my waiting hand so I don't have to grope around for my empties. It's all the advantages of a .22 in a reloadable case.

Bob Wright

10. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

.45 would be my Ed Brown Kobra

9mm would either be my Dan Wesson Guardian or my Browning Hi Power (toss up)

11. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Wheeew Bart, I would say you have two of the finest 9mm and 45acp choices around! Bet they both shot like a dream

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

In 9mm my Glock 17 is one of my favorite to shoot.

In .45 I like my Fusion 1911a1.

13. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

That would be my SR9c. It's been flawless and has a great trigger that keeps getting better the more you shoot it.
    [​IMG]

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

9mm: Sig P6
    .45acp: Wilson commander.

15. ontime

ontime New Member

9mm- CZ75 P01 (nothing else comes close)

.45- XDM 3.8 Compact

16. Donn

Donn Active Member

.45acp, Colt 1911 series 70 MkIV.
    9mm, S&W M&P.

17. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My best 9mm is a tie between my BHP and my Sig P229. For my 45cal it would be my Kimber Pro Stainless and hopefully my new Sig P220 when it gets here this week.

18. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

.45 Nighthawk Custom Costa Compact

9 MM Sig P226 Combat

Attached Files:

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

My Firestars...

M43 in 9mm & M45 in 45acp.

Attached Files: