Your Dream Job!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Axxe55, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just a fun thread to see what if given an opportunity to do any job that you could for a living.

you don't even have to be qualified or experianced, just the job that would have been your dream job if you had been in the right place at the right time or could have gotten the education to do that job.

you can even list multiple dream jobs if you desire.

the criteria:

1. you are single with no family obligations like a wife or children. so you can devote all your time to the job or training for that dream job.

2. the dream job is not about money, but a job that would give you lots of enjoyment. but if the dream job is one that pays well in that field, that's okay.

3. you can live anywhere you desire to do your dream job.

let's see what ya'll got!:D

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I always wanted to be a large animal vet. Horses and cows. That's what I grew up around.

I had the grades for school and had a couple scholarship offers to various smaller schools. I can't tolerate being inside sitting in class.

There is a company now in my field that pushes barges in Alaska. They make it sounds pretty damn good, and the money is outstanding.

I wouldn't call my current job my dream job but I sure do enjoy it!

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I never knew what I wanted until I was in my very late teens. At that point I decided that I would like to move into politics, seeing as we are severely lacking in the constitutionalist area. Im well aware that nobody will take a 25 year old seriously, so I'm hoping to maybe get that started in my 30s, I hope.

I'm also strongly debating on getting my FFL and being a full time dealer and smith. That's another hope.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Environmental or wildlife biologist.

Though I do thoroughly enjoy what I've been doing for the last 35 years.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  5. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I wanted to work at Spacely Sprockets as a digital index operator. :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Owner/eng. of a recording Studio or Station mgr. Of a Radio Station...

Or, had I not been hurt and Stayed in the Military( I'd be out or getting out right about now): Chief Instructor Pilot,..

Or had I still been full time Teaching: an Asst. Or Assoc. Professor in a notable College somewhere..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

7. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

LMAO

[​IMG]

8. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

When I was younger, I wanted to be a test pilot for a " House of Joy ", but my dream job now is a consultant, with a 6 figure salary, my office hours would be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., with a 2 hour lunch. Also I think being an astronomer would be a very rewarding job.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Go ahead and get started now. There are many elected positions at the municipal level that are suited fine for a 25 year old. Prove yourself there, and run for higher positions. It'll make your name known.

Me: Already lived my dream job of being one of the best of the best. If I could do it all over again, I would have finished sniper school, and at least have given my best effort to SEALs even though I'm pretty sure I just simply wouldn't be able to handle it (took the indoc and passed, but thought I was gonna die...) then I would have tried to go PMC upon getting out.

10. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I 'm not sure what my dream job would be, but decades ago, I saw an article written by a dude with my dream college degree.

He earned a master's degree in fly-fishing from Penn State!

I would love to do the clinical portion of that one. Hell, I have done some of the clinical work.

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I enjoy being in the hotel business. But I would prefer to be an owner/operator instead of a General Manager. I am the boss now. The owner hardly ever comes around. But I would simply like to be able to explain to some customers that they are in fact complete douches and do not deserve my help. :D

But my true dream job would be to own a gun store.

12. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Game Warden !

13. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

ok, i doubt this "job" exists....but under those criteria, i would want to be an "IDEA MAN!" :)

i have always believed i am creative beyond the ordinary in a useless sort of way. i have great ideas for movies and TV (or how to make them much better), inventions, and events. basically, i am no engineer or movie director, and those are jobs i wouldn't want. those people would come to me, pay me for the ideas, and develop them.

that's it....high payed "muse" basically. :cool:

if i had wife and kids, the answer is "no job" or "independently wealthy. :)

14. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have been in a lot of industries, but I find my greatest joy in teaching. I love to take people that know NOTHING about a subject and watch the gleam in their eye as they grasp a new concept or idea. If that were in the computer or firearms industry, I could die happy!

I wonder if the people that know me think I would be good at it. (Winds?). Not sure I want the wife's opinion on this...

15. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

This is difficult! Lets see.... I am already a Naval Aviator so..... what else is there? Maybe:

1) I always kind of figured that I would enjoy living off the land somewhere. Build me a small and functional cabin and plant a garden plot. Raise some livestock. Generally just operate a hard working ranch that I would rarely have to go into town for anything.

2) Or I would really like to own a gun shop. Not just any shop though. I would need A LOT of capital to get what I have in mind going. A shop with thousands of firearms in stock, parts for everything you could imagine, more ammo than a small army would need, gear, reloading supplies, CHL classes, reloading classes, gunsmiths, and a range. Probably 4,000+ sqft of store and the range on top of it. ALL placed conveniently outside of a major Texas city like DFW or Houston.

16. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I would enjoy being the grouchy old gun in nice LGS where all i did was steer people away from glocks, drink coffee and mutter about the president. Also being a woman's bicycle seat would be neat.

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You would be great at it. You are very patient and have a great personality. When we were shooting skeet and trap, you gave me some good tips and hints that I didn't know, such as how to swing with the clays. I appreciated that.

18. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

If I was still in the military either devgru or delta.

Civilian a criminal investigator with either the us forest service or usaid(working on this by getting my degree)

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

19. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

ok...after seeing yours.....can i change mine? these are great ideas! :)

that is a great idea, and i think i could truly love that as well. self sufficiency basically. work for what you need, and be on your own clock. my only problem, i'd be too tempted to sit on the porch and drink beer on the nicest weather days. :p

awesome! ok, i'm going to give out one of my "idea man" ideas to you.

i think it would be cool to connect 2 gun stores together, both with different themes. #1) the black store: would focus on the mall ninja and tactical crowd. it would be an ultra cool, modern and sleekly designed store. it would sell black weapons and WIDE selection of accessories, including survival and tactical hand held weapons. the waiting period for your gun would have an awesome lounge area and play flicks like terminator and matrix constantly. :p #2) connected to the black store would be good in wood. :D this store would focus on western, old military, and basically beautiful wood stocked/grips firearms. also specialize in leather holsters and fancy pocket knives. it would have an old school western and war movie motif. the lounge would be running old war and cowboy flicks. all the employees would be cowboys.

if you use this idea, i will only require a 10% take. ;)

20. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I have my dream job...Just need to get some seniority so i wont keep getting bounced around to a different shift every other week. But my next choice would be something in law enforcement. We have alot of LEO friends that hang out at the farm. I admire what they do, and find it very interesting.