Your Choice of Reading Material

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Kemosabe, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Kemosabe

Kemosabe New Member

Being in this hobby for 2 months now got me thinking about this... What do you consider to be your preferred periodical/magazine of choice?

2. BigB

BigB New Member

None really, I read books! Mostly Bible, prophecy types! Throw in some GB Packers, survival, and anything that could potentially be useful!

3. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Magazines I read Guns and ammo, for books I will read almost anything but I prefer science fiction and horror.

4. BigB

BigB New Member

Yeah I forgot Star Wars!

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I subscribe to two firearms related publications; Shotgun News, which is an advertising sheet with some articles, and Guns magazine which, I believe has the bust gun writers in the business. I also receive the NRA magazine that comes with the membership, but it usually remains largely unread until it finds its way to the burn pile.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, I find that too many of the gun mags have become one long advertisement for the newest, latest golly gee whiz to hit the market. I have a sub to Guns & Ammo (present from the kids) and I DO get the American Rifleman, but most of my gun related reading has been books rather than periodicals.

Outside of guns, am a prolific reader- enjoy good sci-fi, and continually looking for good info on "how to" do something for self.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Internet--Hell i carry my iphone to the crapper :p

8. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

American Rifleman
    Guns of The Old West.
    Have read most of the writings of,
    Col. Cooper
    Skeeter Skelton
    Robert Ruark.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  9. truggles

truggles New Member

If it ain't on here I prly don't read it. This is a much more entertaining way to get info than any book or magazine. I always have my phone on me so any time I need a good read its here.