Your cell phone is dumping your info to the gov.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by downsouth, Apr 4, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

I didn't see anything in that article about Stingrays. This article is dated. Not to mention the commenters at the bottom who believe the States not being investigated are ruled by white supremacist gun nuts. Yikes.
    Speaking from personal and professional experience, cell phones cannot be tracked without assistance from the cellular company. They will not help without a warrant or an emergency situation which usually requires a call by the phone in question to 911, thereby creating a duty to act on the part of the 911 center. Im not sure if larger agencies would have different access to info.
    I assume the Feds have access to whatever they want, whenever they want it, for whatever reason they like.

3. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I've read about similar issues of cell phones giving out locations, etc. but I don't think this cheap $15 Tracfone, that I use, has all the gadgets, etc. on it that the good ones do, so I'm not too concerned about it. :eek:

4. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

There are a bunch of ways they can track you and intercept your data. Modern smartphones usually come with some low level application installed that can send every keystroke and everything that goes to and from your phone. Also the fact that pretty much all phones have built in GPS chips makes it much easier to follow people. Whatever comes as a "feature" is also a feature for the government to monitor your activity closely.
    Look up CarrierIQ.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Not gonna worry about it. Anyone watching me will already know that:
    A. I don't do anything illegal and...
    B. I'm definitely more trouble than I'm worth.:)

Tack

6. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

It has nothing to do with the price of the phone, you have a number and your phone can be tracked :eek:

7. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

They wouldn't get anything off my cell phone but a bunch of B.S. and worthless texts, so let them have at it!:D

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

supreme court just ruled the feds need a warrant to track you. if they do so with no warrant and you find out you prolly have a really good lawsuit.

wouldnt worry about it.

if shtf first thing that happens for me is the battery in the cell phone gets removed and the damn thing left in a drawer till order is restored

its a non-issue

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I love the government. I will do everything they say if they ask. We need government in our lives. How else could we function?

Sent from my iPhone

10. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Isn't this a bit like being able to report officer misbehavior to the police department where they say they conduct an internal investigation and nothing happens? I know that in Chicago I'd rather not have my name on some sort of "cop snitch" list.

11. msup752

msup752 New Member

The law requires all phones to have GPS or triangulation location abilities. The requirement has been around for 5-7 years now so if your phone is newer than that, regardless of price or carrier, it is location enabled.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

You cant stop evil people from breaking laws. You can only punish after they are caught.

Police can wiretap you or search your property without permit but there are consequences for getting caught doing it or for using illegally obtained info against you.

Just saying something is so doesnt mean it happens. Cell makers can put whatever they want in a phone you dont have to buy one or carry one.

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Schumer of NY [D] wants all Trac Phones registered. He claims there is no way to trace or to know who owns them. He also wants all firearms registered. What is the truth about Trac Phones?:confused:

14. Shade

Shade New Member

Good point, not all electronic equipment completely powers down when
    turned "off", removing the batt ensure is it really off.

Commarade Schumer needs to retire.

15. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

Out here the cops track lost people with their cell phones at least once a week or more.

16. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

and what Mosin said-
    "I love the government. I will do everything they say if they ask. We need government in our lives. How else could we function?"

17. willshoum

willshoum New Member

into the cell......

Have you all forgotten why Binladen quit using cell phones. Or the drug king pin in Mexico that was located by the police when he was talking to his son on a cell phone........The U.S. has ears far bigger than what most people think.......Super computers that record every word from every cell phone around the world......Time and location..........You can have your cell phones, it's bad enough they already know where I live.....Dam SS#..........:eek:

18. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

So true. A fellow who was a relitive long removed was found dead in New Orleans. They found one name on a scrap of paper. They found me in Wyoming in a few hours. No it was not my name on the paper. It taught me one thing they can find you if they want.:eek:

19. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Guns don't kill people, Trac Phones kill people.