Your BOB must

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by OlPainless, Oct 12, 2009.

1. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

Okay, say you have a Bug out Bag with food and water for 72 hours, enough clothing to keep you warm, firearm/ammo of your choice, and some means for starting a fire. What is the one other thing you would put in your bag if you only had room for that one item?

2. opaww

opaww New Member

Toilet paper

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

A 22 year old Swedish bikini model!!

OK, realisticly....A water purification system!

4. user4

user4 New Member

Multi-tool. Just wait until you need to open a can of peas.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Great minds think alike. The Gerber multi-tool my daughter got me for Dad's day a few years ago...

6. Expeditioner

Expeditioner New Member

Small first aid kit, a few sewing needles, kevlar thread, and some plastic ties.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm in California, so there isn't a handgun in my BOB. My BOB is already in my truck and ready to go, so I would grab my 1911, magazines and a couple of boxes of ammunition.

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I already have all the above mentioned, plus more, and it will last me much longer than 72 hours. But my choice would be additional cooking spices like pepper, salt, garlic, BBQ sauce.

Jack

9. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

I have to agree with Dune, water purification, the model wouldn't be bad, but hiding her from my wife may prove difficult.

10. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Compass, if you know how to use one.

11. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Well I don't have a BOB per say, but I do keep a backpack for hiking and camping which is always loaded with enough dehydrated food stuff and energy bars for several days. The only item I can think of that has not been mentioned here is Fire Steel. Basically a flint rod and flat steel to strike the flint to start fires for camp, cooking, or signal fires if need be. I also keep for fire starting a small pack of solid fule cubes which I slice a little off a cube to help start the fire. Fuel cubes help alot in wet contitions.

Check out Light My Fire - We sell fire

I have the little guy, good for about 3000 strikes and the BBQ guy good for about 12,000 strikes.

I think I bought these at a REI store.

12. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

13. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

Try again...

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Ooops missed that one. So let me think. Ahhhhh got it.

I have a 26 watt fold out soft solar panel that will recharge and run some electronic devices, such as a laptop, cell phone, protable radio, I-Pod, hand held gps, etc... It folds down to about the size of a small laptop case and is very light in weight.

Check it out: www.brunton.com/product.php?id=420

I snagged this at a RV/camping show about a year ago

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  15. CA357

I consider my 1911 and the means to feed it as one item.

16. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

The point I was trying to make was that, hypothetically, the firearm and ammo of your choice were already in the bag. You don't need to grab your 1911 and ammo if it's already in there.

Nice choice BTW :D

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

A bigger Bug Out Bag??

I got the BIG brother to this baby, in Black, as my BOB. It's got enough room for most of my gun safe, all my ammo, a complete 3 day survival pack, a complete medical kit and everything listed above, plus a few extras. :D

Attached Files:

18. CA357

In that case, if I lived in America as opposed to California and was able to have a firearm in my BOB already, I'd take my fuzzy slippers. I love toasty feet. ;)

19. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

Hopefully you won't run into any fast moving targets. That is unless your gun safe and ammo consist of a 1911 or 2 and 100 rounds. Judging by your posts though I find that highly unlikely. Wait a minute... why do you need a gun safe and ammo if you don't have any firearms left after that tragic boating accident?? :cool: