You Want One - Act Now!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dillinger, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, we have been saying it for months now - WHAT IF?!

Well folks, IF has officially happened!

You are now the "proud" owners of a Democrat President, a Democrat Controlled Senate and a Democrat Controlled Congress. And as a side dish, you also are the "proud" owner of a Democrat Vice President who was one of the leading authors/driving forces of the first Assault Weapons Ban.

IF you have any designs on ever owning an AR variant rifle ( or an AK/SKS variant as well, but I am not addressing that here ) NOW IS THE FRIGGIN TIME!

In most states, and there are exceptions if you live behind enemy lines ( NY, NJ, Kalifornia, etc. ) but for the most part, if you purchase a LOWER RECEIVER between now and the end of the year, you will be able to build yourself a fully working, fully legal AR variant ( AR-15, AR-10 ) when the new AWB comes into place unless there is some serious penalties in a Grandfather Clause.

This is a picture of an AR lower receiver. It happens to be a Rock River Arms model, and I only picked that one because the picture size was correct to upload from my work computer.

This is the only piece that you must legally buy from an FFL. Once you have that on the books, you can ( most likely regardless of future legislation ) legally build yourself an AR model from aftermarket parts in the coming year, or two if you are tight on cash.

A stripped lower can run you as low as $100 if you shop around. Several of the other members I am counting on to jump in here with links to good deals, but I just don't have the time while at work to search out the best one's for you guys.

The point is - if you want one, you need to act and get a lower receiver on the books before the laws can be changed by the Infitool and Chompers - Along with that Uber Beeyotch Pelosi...

NOTE: FirearmsTalk DOES NOT condone any sort of sidestepping or back-dooring the legal ownership of firearms, so please don't ask.

JD

Attached Files:

2. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

:cool: Shhhh-hhhhhh....I'm selling all of mine as we speak :cool:

Slo

3. junho806

junho806 New Member

what JD said
    very very important!
    i'm actually thinking about picking up another lower receiver...
    :D

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Darndest thing. I was on vaca last week, someone got into my place, drank all my beer, screwed up my saved games on Saints Row 2 on my Xbox360, took just my Black Rifles and my high cap mags, locked the door and left.

Police said since there was no sign of a break, in my report was good enough. Go figure. :eek::rolleyes:

:cool:

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've been concidering this but there are so many different brands I don't know which ones are good and which ones to stay away from. I'd spend $150ish for the lower...Can anyone reccommend a good piece in that price range?

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've been concidering this but there are so many different brands I don't know which ones are good and which ones to stay away from. I'd spend $150ish for the lower...Can anyone reccommend a good piece in that price range?

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

spittinfire - Read page one, or so, of this thread and it will help you out.

There are several members here who would love to help you build one of your very own. And believe me, now is the time to get serious about it with the new Year of the Democrat coming....

8. balloo93

balloo93 New Member

Holy crap! Some makers are already jacking the prices up. Spike's Tactical went up about $50 over night for a striped lower :confused:

Mags and ammo boys, mags and ammo! I still think there'll be a Sin tax on ammo.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I wish I could say I was surprised. Everyone in the firearms industry saw the writing on the wall and probably had new price tags ready to go weeks ago. :mad:

10. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

There was a group buy last month on another one of my forums. DoubleStar lowers for $82. I've learned they are all gone. Keep looking if you really want one, check ShotgunNews vendors perhaps?

11. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Check them out:

upper link

;)

12. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

Well, at least there is one segment of the economy Obama's election has stimulated!

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay - That made me chuckle out loud. :pIf there is a brightspot, that HAS GOT to be it....

+1

14. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

There it is...it's all an inside job!

You make threatening statements about bans and such, and KABOOM...instant economical relief. BRILLIANT!!!!! :D

Next, it will be banning Chevrolets, Chryslers, and Ford products.

Then lumber.

Then electricity. And on, and on.....

Debt? What debt?????

Slo

15. supergus

supergus New Member

Dillinger,
    I'm heading to a gun show at the end of the month. Due to the coming infestation of the White House, I am expecting all guns, ammo ,and parts to increase in price. What is a reasonable price for an AR lower and an AR upper?

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

-Gus:

Depending on the quality of the "name brand" on the stripped lower, I would say $100-$160. Of course yesterday's little ripple through the waves of the worried is likely to change that.

The important thing to remember is that the Lower Receiver is all you need to get on the books, and in the grand scheme of what you are building, it's going to make but 3%-5% in a quality build who's name is on the outside.

Granted, there are those that will tell you that if you don't have that NAME BRAND, CNC cut, spec'd designed model it's going to freeze up on you at the worst possible moment and leave you and your family in a pile of blood and brains, but I don't subscribe to that philosophy.

Your lower is merely a platform - from there you pick the parts that go in it and you make it what it will become.

Stay away from anything made of pot metal, usually outside the country. Buy something that is Aluminum and feels good in your hand, doesn't have chatter marks on the machine cuts and doesn't feel rough and uneven as you run your hands long the edges. If you can test fit a mag into the mag well, so much the better.

As for the upper, you want a nice fit between upper and lower, and you want one that is going to match up well. Don't buy a Double Star lower ( small pin set ) and find a great deal on a Colt Upper ( large Pin Set ) and expect them to go well together. :D

Get what you consider a good deal Gus. What you can afford and what you are "willing" to pay. Once you have that, I can show you some tricks to get some extra accuracy/performance out of even the "Tier 1" stuff out there with a little know how and a little elbow grease.

Between myself and a few others, like Slo, we can get you a good weapon platform, built by you, that will keep the Space Zombies well outside the wire. :)

PS: Check out Slo's Link above. They have a CMMG stripped lower for like $113 that will mate up with damn near any upper out there and is from a good, quality manufacturing house. You might not even need to go to the show if you know a good FLL near you....

17. bkt

bkt New Member

18. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

No threating statements - just predictions! We'll see if I'm right or wrong; time will tell. Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff is NOT a promising sign of "bi-partisanship", however. :mad:

First thing to be banned will be free speech. "Joe the Plumber" is probably headed for a lot of legal h*ll for daring to question our new Messiah.

Let it be a warning to anyone else who questions the Messiah.......... :eek:

19. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Oops...my bad on this one.

I did not mean that you had made the threatening statements - I was referring to the upcoming administration - Obama's - and just adding to how they could already be stimulating the economy. Just the mere mention of the threat of another ban, and the gun shops and manufacturers are already recording profits.

So following that plan, if he were to mention a ban on those other products, would it cause the same ripple effect and boost their sales, too?

Whewwwwwww.....this one went the wrong way :p

Slo

20. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

Sorry I misunderstood your post. :eek:

Funny thing is though, when Clinton was first elected in 1992, I did make some money on lumber futures. The market was so terrified of Clinton's enviromental looneys shutting down logging that timber futures shot up by 5X on news of his election. Prices in lumber yards also skyrocketed.

So, it happens............. :rolleyes: :D