You think your tough!!!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by cpttango30, May 24, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

This guy is beyond tough. Took out a PISSED OFF CAPE BUFFALO with a Cold Steel OSS. Thats Right it was attacking one guy and another guy RUNS in and stabs the buffalo to death. WOW JUST WOW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnZyeukczI]YouTube - ‪Cape Buffalo Hunt @ Brave Heart Safaris‬‏[/ame]

2. orangello

orangello New Member

That man needs to invest in a sidearm, something hefty.

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

All I can say is W O W!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That man has balls of titanium!

4. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

holy s**t, that guy is the official badass of the year.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Imagine if the reaction when telling tales at the bar ...

Patron 1: I once caught a gar with only my hands :)

Patron 2: I once caught a snapping turtle with my bare hands :)

Hunter: I once killed a Cape Buffolo with my OSS :cool:

Silence and Awe :eek:

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

That's is a Bad,Bad,Man!
    I hope they kicked the crap out of the hunter that froze up.Evidently someone that has more money than sense,and has no right to be hunting dangerous game.

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Thank you "cpttango30". That was indeed interesting. Goes to show the family that hunts together, stays together.

8. iluv2shoot2

iluv2shoot2 New Member

THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE!!! Yaknow not much can top that. That's the kind of guy you want to hang around with.

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It goes to show you what one is capable of doing when the adrenaline gets pumping. I'm glad this turned out okay.

11. Sonnypie

Sonnypie New Member

Not only the "clients" can't shoot worth a damn, they are chicken stix. :eek:
    Good thing the son took the chance to kill the beastie.

This is why guides in Alaska carry firearms as a backup. Too many idjits with more money than brains.
    Hopefully this Family of guides learned a very valuable lesson. :rolleyes:

But then, maybe some bureaucrat doesn't allow them to be armed....

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

WOW!! There is so much to process in that video! :eek:

The bad initial shot placement, the one hunter freezing up, the other guy puts (4) .470 rounds into the stomach and hind end without effect....

AND THEN the kid looks like a fencer with the way he plunges that OSS into the lungs of the animal, without cutting himself in the process as is quite common according to every Forensics Files I have ever watched, to drop that big bastard.

I know we give Cold Steel a lot of crap around here because they snubbed us, but I have to say that is one hell of a strong argument for knife of the decade right there.

Excellent video and just amazing that they were able to capture it during all the commotion that was going on.

And once again, if you are going to hunt, please make sure you can put your shots where they count. In this case that big .470 and the .375 H&H didn't do much good except to completely piss off the Cape Buffalo that was “the prey”.

Zoinks!!

Thanks for posting Tango!

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

[Insert stunned silence here]

Amazing. Absolutely fricking amazing.

I would guess those guys are going to change some procedures going forward.

14. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I would love to buy that guy a drink! And kick the clients in the junk for having no frigging business on safari!
    Absolutely awesome display of courage, to get within knife range of the beast. :eek:

15. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

EPIC WIN! That guy has some serious titanium cojones and I think I'm sold on the knife, that'd be one hell of a commercial for cold steel lol.

16. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

Cape Buffalo are about as mean as they get for critters.

17. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

When the going gets tough, the tough get going... Now THAT's some reality video...

18. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

That guy has stones so big I am amazed he can walk. Those 2 "clients" should be thrashed for there stupidity, though.

19. Boggy5

Boggy5 New Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the knife isn't what killed the buffalo. The guy stabbed him way up high on the back. Not taking away from what the guy did, but I think those four bullet wounds were starting to kick in when the son came in with the knife.

On a side note...do you think they'll invite those clients back for another hunt? :)

20. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

They are not called *Black Death* for nothing. :eek: