You Know You Have Wondered

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, how many of you have seen those little Smart Cars running around? You know, the green, friendly, easy to park, zip in and out of traffic ( and parking lots ) with reckless abandon running around?

You and I both know you have wondered what would happen if you were to be driving one of those emasculined "Right" vehicles and actually got into a traffic accident.

C'mon! Admit it. You have NEVER thought about it??

Well, here is the result, in case you NOW want to know.

Attached Files:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Looks like it might need an ejector seat.

3. caniswalensis

caniswalensis New Member

I disagree. I would say that the driver squirted out the top just fine without one!:D

4. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Those have been in Europe for awhile. When one of those would crash on an autobahn, they would disintegrate into thousand of little pieces, all smaller than a steering wheel.

I hate those effin things. They are a danger to the public.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The car is supposed to be able to avoid accidents and obstacles in the road. I guess that won't work when a big arse truck slams you from behind into another big arse truck. Keep in mind that BO wants you to buy one of those.

Anyone remember the drivers ed movie about wearing seat belts called, "There's room in there to live." It basically showed how if you wear your seatbelt that in most crashes, the interior of the vehicle where you sit is not compromised enough to kill you? Time to start shooting another film.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

How'd you get your hairy thumb in the picture frame? Bawaahaa! :p

7. caniswalensis

caniswalensis New Member

LOL! I do remember that!

How about calling the new one "Now You Know How Toothpaste Feels"

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Even more hilarious than the effect of the accident on that car, is the presence of an Ambulance at the scene....
    A guy with one of those long poles with the nail in the end and a heavy duty garbage bag would be more appropriate...

9. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Ejection seat or a can opener for if ya don't make it........markerdown

10. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

I've seen those. I was in a big ford van, so it'd be funny if we hit it. Thing would go flying.

S.S.

11. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Those in control don't care about our safety. See the political left leaders reactions to Obamacare protests? They hate us and freedom. Birth control/abortion, econaziism, transnationalism. all part and parcel of their desire to destroy this country and what it stands for.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - That's not me taking the picture, but that was the common view I had for close to a year in Korea. :p

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've actually always wanted to ram one of those off the highway with my TJ just to see it bounce off the tree line and back into traffic. :D

I'm guessing it would look something like fooseball. LOL>

14. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s]YouTube - smart car crash[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4HdsDZX6c]YouTube - Smart with hayabusa engine[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZs1QuHerTU]YouTube - Smart Car Crash[/ame]

A head on collision where the combined impact speed is 70 MPH or greater will rip your aorta free from your heart and well you die!!

I have the same mentality driving my smart as I do when I rode a motorcycle...if I am in a sever accident, I don't want to survive it!

Yup, I own one. And yea, I drive it on the freeway.

15. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

One of them almost pulled out in front of me today. Funny thing is I didn't even get that little heart jump or the urge to swerve. Swerving for a Smart Car is akin to swerving for a cat at 50mph. It's me or the S.C. and I don't mind a little rattlecan touch up on my Jeeps bumper.:D

16. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Can't see a Smart car coming off any better than a roo + anything bigger than a lawnmower engine :p

[​IMG]

why you need a roo bar

17. WDB

WDB New Member

I don't wonder about those cars much at best I wonder what it will cost to replace my bumper if I ever hit one.

18. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

I guess I really do not really understand these "Smart Cars". An aquaintance of my wife has one. She gets gas milage in the high 20's with it. Seems to me you can get that kind of gas milage (or better) in a bigger and safer car, one in which you could actually carry something.

I could possibly see some logic in owning one if it got something like 80 mpg.

Dunrunner - what kind of gas milage do you get with yours?

19. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Well, I drive a HEMI powered Chrysler Aspen, all 4866 pounds worth. I get those little Smart cars stuck in my grill along with all those other highway bugs...

20. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

Had one pull out in front of me the other day. The driver was about as interested as a crazed squirll running across the road. When I first saw the Aveo, I wondered about the people in the back seat. Now with the SC it is worse and alot, not all, of the people seem like they are holy than thou because they have one. Saw a woman on the phone yesterday in a jacked up new Toyota FJ pull out from a stop sign real slow talking on her phone and a big Crown Vic was flying downing the road. He got stopped. She didn't speed up and looked like she raised a finger.