You know what I want???

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mosin, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I want Phil Coggan...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f54/some-recent-stuff-74705/

And Longballer...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/longballer-delivers-dh-custom-tracker-74844/

To get together and collaborate on a rifle/scabbard or pistol/holster combo. I think the end result would be enough to make a grown man weep at not spending his life mastering an art as fine as these gentlemen have.

I think this combo could be auctioned off (at a profit to them, obviously) but with some of the proceeds going to a FTF charity.

Yes, I am being selfish here, I just want to see a work of art these two could put together...

2. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

That...is....AWESOME!!!!:eek:

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

There is no building that could withstand that level of extreme awesomeness.

But dammit, that's too awesome to not happen.

4. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Oh man! I would be totally honored and humbled to collaborate on a project with a master like Phil!! I appreciate the compliment, but that man's skills are on another planet.

That said .... This would be AWESOME!!!

The ideas are swirling!!!

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

SUBSCRIBED!!!

I'm ready for awesomeness so great, that the angels themselves will weep with joy. :D

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Indeed they would.
    Let us dream....

Lever action engraved in tribute the the great horse culture of the American west. With an accompanying leather scabbard, all adorned with bison, horses, ...the Rocky Mountains in the background....

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Just wanted to quote this before you added bears to the mix.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

and bears!! :D

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn it!!!!

10. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

LoL!!!

Wonder if he's seen this yet?!?

That mountain scene WOULD BE frickin' kickazz cool. I have no idea if I could pull it off to match his engraving skill .... but I'd sure as hell give it a shot!!

Now .... who's gonna order this masterpiece concerto collaboration? I cannot even begin to imagine what it costs to have engraving like his done on a piece. :0

11. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

When was the last time Phil logged in? I haven't seen him at all since I've been on here. That would be a very cool project.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

10-23-2012

I would probably price the cost of engravings like Phil does in the thousands. Longballer, you can do this. You are already an amazing craftsman. Those engravings will probably take months to do, so you will only get better between now and then. I have no doubt that what you and Phil (if he chooses to be apart of this) create will be absolutely amazing. ;)

13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Really? I thought he was pretty much inactive. This project has hope for it yet!!

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

take note muppets :cool: ... this is how FTF does it! Great idea Mosin, inspiring ;)

15. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

I have sent the first PM. Only time will tell. :)

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

There will be an orgasm of awesomeness. I hope this comes together.

17. Phil Coggan

Phil Coggan New Member

I am always interested in new projects but alas, there are lots of guns booked in and these days, due to the nature of the engraving, they take months to do.

Here's some early work.

Phil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Wow. Those are beautiful weapons.

19. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

That's a shame, Phil. But I can understand your position.

It seemed to me like we may have been asking Rembrandt to come do fingerpainting with preschoolers.

Your work is truly phenomenal and worthy of any museum. I hope you take time to continue to share it with us here. It is a joy to see even in pictures.

20. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Well then one of you lazy bastards needs to learn how to engrave. ;-)