You know what i really HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ktmboyz, May 24, 2012.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Who was the effin d bag that decided they would save .50 cent per billion rounds to use small pistol primers in 45 acp..

Nothing will kill a good run on the progressive press than a small primer case slipping through. Seems every time I get back in a good rhythm I get another. I have looked through most of the cases before they hit the case feeder but I guess my eyes suck bad enough I can always tell em apart:mad:

Ok I'm done ,, just had to vent !!

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Back in the day a case the size of a .45 needed a large primer, nowadays its not necessary, if they want to save a few dollars to keep the price down, I'm all for it.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean! It is bad enough to stop in the middle of a run...without having to be remided that I am growing old!

4. fmj

fmj New Member

Last i checked the price HASNT stayed down...THAT is why i reload!!

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Whats the big deal? Im super picky about my brass anyways, I always separate by headstamp and try my best to keep boxes together.... :rolleyes:
    But then again I dont have a progressive, just a single stage....

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Somebody's a little OCD about their brass. :p

I don't have a 45 ACP (yet), but I would probably get a little pissed off too about finding one that uses small primes in a batch of ones that use large primers. Mostly because I'm lazy and wouldn't want to go through the trouble of checking every case for primer size. I also wouldn't want to have to have two different boxes of primers open when I reload, that just confuses things.

7. kycol

kycol New Member

I'm just saying it sounds like you picking up other peoples brass for free. Now there's nothing wrong with that I give mine away every time I shoot, but wow to complain about it.

8. fmj

fmj New Member

I could be wrong...but isnt just federal thats doing this?

I have yet to have an issue with any Win, CCI, UMC, or assorted other brass i have.

9. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

Small Primers in .45 ACP

KTMBOYZ, the small primers in .45 ACP has nothing to do with saving money. All .45 ACP that are "Non-Toxic" will have small primers. I work for a company that recycles once "fired brass". I has been proven that the most toxic part of a cartridge being fired is residue from the primer. In order to make a cartridge truly "Non-Toxic", a new explosive had to be developed for that round. This new explosive proved to be too "hot" for the large pistol primers. Hence, the small primers in the .45 ACP. Since we buy "once fired" brass by the ton, it creates a lot of extra work for us, as it all has to be hand sorted :)

10. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Ahh thanks for clearing that up riverrat... Its still a pain in the a** lol How do you guys recycle ? sell once fired brass ? and that must be a real thorn in your side to have to go through every one by hand:eek:

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  11. billt

billt New Member

You're from Las Vegas and you "buy once fired brass by the ton". Just curious, do you work for Brassman Brass? I ask because he has some of the best deals going on once fired brass.

12. Arizeus

Arizeus New Member

wanna know what i hate is when you are shooting at the range and some old man while your shooting picks up ur brass. Me and my brother call them scavengers and crows

13. billt

billt New Member

Were you planning on picking it up, or just leaving it there?

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I HATE WITH A PASSION whenever a friend is at your house and takes it upon themselves to start fingering your guns, "ejecting the mags and working the actions, etc" without getting permission. I keep my guns loaded and i simply dont want anyone messing with them unless "I" make them safe first. I had a friend almost blow a hole in a china cabinet with my semi auto 12 guage a few weeks ago. I watched him chamber a round and start to pull the trigger, i yelled at him and he pulled his hand away at the last second. I was hot for about 2 hours after that.

15. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

+1000 years ago when i was just eighteen in the first home that was my own, i kept a pump shotgun with a loaded tube, empty chamber, and disengaged safety in my den. Had a buddy over one day and for whatever reason he decided to cycle the action and pull the f**kin trigger. Needless to say the landlord was not happy about the hole in the wall.

I now make it clear to anybody who comes in my home that if they pick up a firearm in my house, that i didn't hand to them, they'll only be using one hand for a couple months.

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The bad thing is, the guy is really knowledgable of firearms, he has had some really nice guns. It just prooves that common sense can lack sometimes. My shotgun is a Stoeger M2000 and they have different actions than other semi autos. You cant just work the action and load a shell, you have to push a button which pops a shell up to be chambered. If you manually eject the shell it wont chamber another shell. So he wants to unload the gun so he pushes the button, chambers a shell,ejects the shell and dry fires,pushes the button,chambers a shell, ejects the shell,dryfires,pushes the button, chambers a shell, THEN STARTS TO PULL THE TRIGGER. Tht is no bueno!