You have got to be freakin' kidding me.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by sputnik1988, Nov 12, 2012.

1. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

A guy that I used to work with that is into guns, just posted this pic on facebook about his new Glock. Check out the steak knife "stippling" job. I don't know if he did it, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised.:rolleyes:

And for anyone who may remember (or care) yes, this is the same guy. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/does-gun-exist-47222/

Gold medal retardation.

Attached Files:

2. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I personally don't even see the point in "stippling" or whatever they call it.

3. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I would have got a one of the sticky kits that competitive shooters use. The 3M no-slip safety material is sticky and cushions the grip. The steak knife makes an ugly gun unbearable.

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

What ever he likes, its his gun and as long it works for him then thats all that matters....

5. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Ug, that is ugly IMO, but I guess not him. What is the saying, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

6. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

improved grip? Lol. Whats not to understand?

It's a preference thing. For me, especially being in las vegas, and doing a decent amount of trianing at frontsight in the spring/fall, my hands get sweaty, especially over the course of an 8 hour class, drawing, holstering, repeatedly. A smoothish polymer grip gets slippery.

Also, when i'm carrying, i sweat on my gun, so even if my hands are dry i can draw a slippery gun.

However, when i got my stippling done, i had a ton of other work done to the grip and now i shoot it better than ever.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree. It's his gun and he can dress it up any way he likes.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well, it IS just a Glock :rolleyes:

9. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

K, thanks. I did my Frontsight or whatever the heck that is, I'm assuming its some sort of hick training academy, in the Middle East. I worded my point poorly evidently, let me try again. I see no point in potentially damaging a firearm in such a amateurish attempt to gain more grip when there is better methods out there.

This forum is getting really silly right now anyway, from idiots claiming that a required class lowers handgun safety statistics to other idiots carrying backup mags and weapons for defensive carry. Have a non justified shooting when you are caught carrying two weapons and a crap load of magazines and see how that works out for ya in court. There is even a bunch of people claiming to disregard a businesses wishes about not wanting weapons on their property. After reading this forum for a while I'm starting to see some of the anti gun people's point of view.

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

If someone has a non justified shooting... how many guns or magazines they had will be the least of their worries.

11. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

What the hell?

I'll leave this one alone.

12. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

K, until your painted as a gun nut and a first offense which could have been plead down turns into a lot more because a prosecutor made you look aggressive. Just to help you out sir, unjustified can range from a accident to willful murder.

13. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

K, thanks.

14. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

It's like the old man who kissed the cow...

If you ask me what I think of his "stippling" job, this sums it up

Attached Files:

15. danolator

danolator New Member

I don't like the feel of any polymer handle so the first thing I do is buy (or make) a grip sleeve. This leaves everything unmodified in the event I would ever want to sell. But it's your gun and you can stipple the crap out of it it that makes it more functional for you. It's a Glock and like my favorite hammer, it's a very reliable tool. Who cares what it looks like?

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Hey, if you're going to go ugly, go all out.

But please, please be careful. Don't join the ranks

of the glock owners who have stuffed the

pistol in their pants, and blown their jewels off...

17. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

I like the new Gen4 stippling over my Gen3's so I get why people do it. I really like the Hogue/rubber-type grips but they just feel weird for ccw. Not sure why. So I prefer my Gen 4s over everything for now. Oh and I understand people carrying extra mags, Def weapons, etc but I only care a few extra mags. I figure if My gun and a reload ain't enough it ain't my day anyhow. But I would never regard another law-abiding citizen as foolish for doing so. I think the Byron is angry for some reason, quick to point out how stupid others are. Usually indicates something inside you're not happy about with yourself. U mad bro? haha just messin bro. Take care

18. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Just being realistic bro. There are a lot of people on here bragging about breaking concealed carry rules and talking about carrying a primary back up and back up back up weapon. You are allowed to defend yourself but if you are judged to be wreck less or overly offensive your butt will end up in jail.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Hey- never been drunk enuff to stick anything that ugly anywhere near that area of my pants :eek:

20. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

You are aware that ccw laws are different in every state right? Here in KY I can carry whatever I want in any amount that might strike my fancy. If I want to stuff an ak47 in my coat, an ar15 in my pant leg and a pistol in my waistband it would all be perfectly legal.