You dont need a licence to drive!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Alpha1Victor, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

As the title states, you do not need a license to drive your personal vehicle for private use. The law states you are only required to have a licence for commerce. This also includes license plates, inspection and registration. Don't take my word for it, do your research.

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

False in Wa State.

Pretty clearly required for operating on any state roads.

Since licenses are issued at state levels, the original post may be way too broad to apply in any other state than that of the OP if it is even true in that state.

In WA, it would technically be legal to operate a motor vehicle on private roads without a license.

3. wknight40

wknight40 New Member

I believe in most states as long as you are on "Private Property" you do not need to be licensed to operate a vehicle.

As soon as it touches a "Public" road you better have one.

Similar to our seat belt law. Farm equipment does not require the use of a seat belt. A truck can easily be registered as "Farm Equipment". If on the public road going to the grocery store do you need a seat belt if driving a truck registered as "farm equipment". It's a good idea as most law enforcement may not see it as farm equipment since it is not a tractor.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Do not make Political posts if you are not a Supporting member. If you are, then put it in Politics.

Those are the terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up here. Don't take my word for it, do your research.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.