yildiz stock and trigger

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by genesaika, Aug 17, 2013.

1. genesaika

genesaika New Member

OK so my dad brought over his yildiz nbd ts 870 shotgun because the stock was broken. I figured I'd order a new stock and replace it, no big deal. Well I can't seem to find a replacement, so I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Now my bigger issue, I pulled off the forgrip and barrel and was looking at the damaged stock when a piece fell out. I'm not sure where it went since I still had the butt stock attached. I do know it seems to be for firing since now the gun won't fire.

Here is a picture.

[​IMG]

It's got me worried because I only found, and heard, one and I'm not sure if it needs two or not.

Thank you for any help

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You may want to consider getting with the manufacturer.
    I don't believe that those have been in the states that long and you may have a warranty on it.

3. genesaika

genesaika New Member

He does not have a warranty on it.

4. danf_fl

5. genesaika

genesaika New Member

This is all of the information I have on this gun.

[​IMG]

Thank you for the links, that place says they do get the stocks in, but don't have them right now. Also the bolt for the stock is bent and they have those too.

My dad says the butt was slammed onto something, possibly used as a hammer. I don't doubt it from the damage to the stock, which is cracked around the receiver and twisted pretty bad.

6. danf_fl

There has to be a story there.......

Used as a hammer.

7. genesaika

genesaika New Member

I don't even bother anymore... His girlfriend's family is completely wacko lol

8. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yildiz is the house brand for Academy Sports. You should be able to take it back to any of there stores and they will send it off.