Yet another target stand ...

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by scottmac, Jul 20, 2013.

1. scottmac

scottmac New Member

We were looking to make something for hanging targets, like steel, or swinging bowling pins.

What we came up with is basically a large sawhorse.

Sawhorse brackets are only a few bucks at the big box places.
    Add four legs (2x4s) and a crossbeam of whatever length and hang your targets with rope, string, or chains.

We used 8' legs, and a 10' 2x6 for the crossbeam. It all folds easily for storage, and the components are east to carry.

Next we'll hang a shelf for standing stuff and make some frames for regular targets.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

nice idea! and depending on how cheap you got the wood for, this would make a very budget friendly target holder. and a person could always vary the length of the legs to suit their needs.

excellent idea! thanks for sharing.

3. unclebear

unclebear New Member

If you all have any factories around you might be able to get wooden pallets we built a similar style of target stand all we used was a 4x4 across the top and a few 2x6's for legs and it worked pretty well. We actually got the wood for free because I worked for the company but you might be able to get it for cheaper then stock yard lumber.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that's what i use for target holders are old pallets. i just attach a couple of boards to them to make them free standing. when they get shot up too much, i just replace them and throw the used up one on my burn pile.

i have mine spaced at 25, 30, 50, 75 and 100 yards. i have it marked at 5,7 and ten yards for the 25 yard target for pistol shooting.

5. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Since I don't have to move the target stand much, I also use a pallet for the base, two verticals and a cross bar screwed tight.
    A piece of replaceable plywood holds stapled target.

6. racer_x

racer_x New Member

I make mine out of scrap stuff free standing a piece of plywood whatever size 2 boards however tall and 2 boards for feet nailed crossways lol not real strong, cheap and when they get shoot up good fire starting wood lol

Great idea OP!!!