Yes again,, Tumbling loaded ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ktmboyz, May 24, 2012.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I know this has been hashed out over and over.

I was just on the Dillon Precision forum and was surprised to read that they actually recommend tumbling loaded ammo for 10-15 min in plain cobb to remove the case lube. I know some say yes and some say no , but I was under the impresson that the general feeling was no no ..

2. 1hole

1hole New Member

You obviously know the arguments and "logic" (such as it is) both ways. Those who live in fear of unseen demons won't be persuaded otherwise and, personally, I don't care what they are afraid of but their unfounded fears won't change anything in my shop.

3. billt

billt New Member

The tumbling loaded ammunition question is right up there with shooting 5.56 MM in a .223 chamber. A lot of people say not to do it. Yet no one can ever provide a link showing a weapon that was damaged from doing either. I don't do it because I tumble after resizing and depriming. It adds a step, but I don't like handling cases sticky with lube. With that said it isn't going to, "rub the coating off the powder" to tumble for the 10 minutes or so it would take to remove the lube after loading. It's most likely less bumping around than a lot of this 40 year old surplus ammunition has seen.

4. Sport45

Sport45 New Member

But you felt it needed to be hashed again, eh? ;)

I think by now everyone has their own opinions and practices and can draw their own conclusions from the previous discusions.

5. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

No I did not want to hash it out again.

I was simply sharing my surprise to find this on a highly regarded reloading co website.