Yeah, I did

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by NGIB, Jan 17, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Most everyone knows I'm not a big Taurus fan but my heartache rests with their poly guns. Sold my P226 and made a few bucks off it so I wanted a "beater" hi-cap 9mm with rail and I prefer metal to plastic. Anyway, I found this two-tome Taurus PT 92 for the right deal and it came with 2 holsters (1 a Blackhawk Serpa), a laser, and 150 rounds of ammo. Yup, they're big and chunky but I've always liked the 92 (either Beretta or Taurus) as a fun range gun. Heck, 20 rounds of 9mm makes a good anti-zombie piece. Go ahead Cane and give me the facepalm...:D

[​IMG]

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Sometimes it is nice to see what other people have to deal with.
    Sounds like you made a good deal.

(but a Taurus?) :)

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Someone give me the facepalm.....

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Mine is a pre ban gun, way before they thought of putting a rail on them.

19k downrange of every imaginable round, only failures due to being an inexperienced shooter, as it was the first semi auto I owned.

What kind of deal did you get?

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

[​IMG]

Feel better?:p
    j/k
    Congrats on the new acquisition. I've been lucky and never had a problem with Taurus myself, hope your's is a "good one"

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've always heard pretty good things about the PT92. Ya should be fine with it.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. New guns are always a good thing.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I really wanted to hate the PT92, but we sold tons of them back in the day. The PT99's broke rear sights a lot, but the PT92s never came back. They are solid, accurate, reliable pistols. And way more durable than the P226.

Good score, Dave.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

A man just can't have too many guns, right? :D

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I've owned a couple of Taurus 92s as well as a couple Beretta 92s in the past and I kind of missed having one. Because of the frame mounted safety, I actually prefer the Taurus to the Beretta in this style platform. I did thin the herd last week as I sold 2 and traded for this one so I'm getting the collection down to keepers & shooters. I traded the XD40 I "found" for this one and considering the extras I got, I probably have about $300 in this one. Not a killer deal but I really didn't need the XD and now I'm back to no more plastic in the collection.

So y'all don't think I've lost my grip on reality, I see the Sig P226 as one of the finest full-size 9mm guns ever made. No, this Taurus is not the equal of the Sig but I couldn't really justify having near $700 tied up in a range blaster. The difference in value basically paid for my new .22 rifle - so I'm happy...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Being happy about a deal you have made is what it is all about. (thumbs up)

12. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

It comes with 2 books??

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I can't believe I missed that. Ha.

14. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I had one back around '89. Good gun as I remember. I also preferred the position of the safety.

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

What do y'all expect, I'm just an illiterate GA redneck...:D

16. gunsavy

gunsavy New Member

I sold mine and put the money towards a springer 1911 GI ss. Great gun,the action is like butter. Bling Bling Baby!

17. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

yeah, right. Somehow I don't buy that. :p

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Glad to see someone has stepped up to take over as grammar/spelling NAZI. I was getting too many negative PM's so I had to lay off.

Way to go Glass! Good catch.

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I was afraid to say anything for fear of the wrath of Dave, which can be quite intense. :eek:

20. NGIB

NGIB New Member

What the hell you talking about - I'm a freaking nice guy...