Yeah, but you want it anyway...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The gun you saw in film or on television, and had to have, even if it wasn't all that great in reality.

For me, season 1, Miami Vice, "Evan", greatest episode of the entire series. Undercover guy is selling MAC 10s, has three stylish mannequins suspended in a warehouse. Gives his selling spiel, and lets a pair of them rip.

Not great guns, but still want one to this day, and that was the early 80's.

What's yours?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Series C, Fully Automatic .44 Automag.

Mack Bolan. The original series 1-36. Written by Don Pendleton himself.

Man I wanted that weapon. They don't make a series "C", but whatever... LOL

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

PS - EVAN was a great episode. One of my all time favorites. Ranks up there with the episode that had the Hitman called in by the cartel and Sonny's name was on the list.

The opening scene has this bad ass posing as some sort of Valet and when a limo pulls up, he comes down the car with a SPAS-12 and just unloads on the car. Drops the gun and pulls his rubber, surgical gloves off and walks calmly away.....

Man, I miss that show......

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The Dillan Mini-gun on predator. :cool:

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

For me it wasn't television it was books. Every hero created by Mickey Spillane, from Mike Hammer to Tiger Mann, carried only 1 pistol - a GI .45

The books are of course very dated now as they were written during the 50's but they depicted a world where you did the right thing and bad guys were gut shot and left to bleed out...

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Ooh, ooh ooh! A henchman comes up to the hitman, makes him drop the gauge, and then the hitman does the fastest draw I've ever seen, 1911 from an IWB under the shirt near the belt buckle. Accelerated pair.

I just got a chub thinking about it.:eek:

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn, that's right. That is the fastest draw on film I do believe. The next closest woul! be Tom Cruise in the alleyway during Collateral.

Damn it Benning, I have the first season on DVD and now I know what I will be doing on Sunday.....

Great topic. As always.

*respect*

JD

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You're the man, I'm just a man next to the man.

Anybody get a Walther due in any part to Bond?

9. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

My one weapon that has come haunt me from entertainment is actually from the video game series Hitman. The weapon in question is a custom made AMT Hardballer Long Slide.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's a 1911 in 6 inch barrel platform. Several people make one, but in MY OPINION, if the Weaponsmaster on HITMAN had any balls, THIS is what he would have picked:

Attached Files:

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Full auto Thompson .45 for me. :cool:

12. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

The Castor Troy's golden pair of Custom Springfields
    [​IMG]

13. freefall

freefall New Member

I find myself wanting a "Mare's Leg" 12" model 92 Winchester like Steve McQueen had in "Wanted: Dead or Alive". Had the Mattel Model when I was a nubbin, saw the current .44 mag incarnation the other day at Chimo Guns.

14. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

This one? Almost made me want a USP.

[​IMG]

Wanted a CAR-15 ever since I saw Sgt Zeke Anderson carrying one after the episode where Capt. Rusty Wallace was killed.
    Bonus points if you remember what show.......

15. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

How many other old farts remember "Combat!"? This was in the early 1960's (and before color TV) so some of you younger folks may never have seen this classic series.

I used to sit in front of the TV in my PJ's with my toy Thompson and shoot the Krauts with Sgt Saunders (Vic Morrow) and the squad. That series imprinted lasting "wants" for WW2 era weapons in my mind.

I have a (Universal non-GI) M1 Carbine, and I am now in the process of ordering a M1 Garand from the CMP. I have my eye on a (semi-auto version) of the WW2 style Thompson at a local gun shop. I already have the Kar-98k Mauser that the Krauts used.

A bit later in Ancient History, Dirty Harry certainly influenced me to buy a S&W 44 Magnum, although I bought a 6" 629 (Stainless). In the same vein, a buddy's Dad had a .44 AutoMag (Clint Eastwood used the .44 AutoMag in the 4th Dirty Harry Movie). This was in the mid-late 1970's. When my buddy's Dad needed to sell some of his toys due to IRS troubles in the late 1990's he remembered that I had told him I would buy that pistol if he ever wanted to sell it, so I did.

16. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Hahaha funny you should mention Combat. My father wanted that for Christmas a few years ago. So we got it for him and we watched it. See some of us young uns are carrying the banner ;)

17. WDB

WDB New Member

The closest you will get is the AMT Automag long slide. They are 22mag. Not easy to find but much fun to shoot.

I admit I own DE 50, it's not gold plated but it is fun to shoot....and I own the AMT as well:eek:

18. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Also had one of those toys as a youngster when my Father was stationed at Parris Island as a D.I. in the late 50s. Shot little plastic bullets.

As for "want it anyway," nothing from the movies. I just want an M1 Garand. No frills. No special additives. Plain, simple Garand. I'm sure my Father would get a kick out of it. He went through WW II, Korea and 2 tours in Vietnam before he retired from the Marine Corps.

19. General_lee

General_lee New Member

The Walther PPK in 7.65mm (.32acp) James Bond gun... Just so i can walk around the house in my undies with the pistol, humming the James Bond theme to myself:D

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's the one, but it's not a fullsize, it was their compact. Definitely a good scene of the movie though...