XS Big Dot on a Pistol ?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by oli700, Jun 11, 2012.

1. oli700

oli700 New Member

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=handgun

I am very interested in these for my CZ 75 SP-01.
    I am having a very hard time finding feedback so if anyone knows how they fair I would appreciate input, good or bad. They look fast !
    Don’t know about 25 to 30 yards….as it pertains to covering too much target, but look good for real pistol distances.

I have tritium 3 dot right now and like them but am open to a better mouse trap.
    [​IMG]

2. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

I don't have any personal experience with xs big dots but I've watched numerous vids on them on YouTube and have heard nothing but good things about them. James Yeager on YouTube swears by them

3. oli700

oli700 New Member

never even thought about youtube.....thanks, I'll check it out

4. mayscat44

mayscat44 New Member

Yeah, between James Yeager and Bob Mane (handgunworldshow) I'm saving up for a set on my G19 right now. If I like em then another set is goin' on the 23 as well. Seems hard to find anyone with something bad to say about em...and Bob shoots IDPA with em

5. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I have them on my Glock 32 and I like them. You can't miss that front sight and as all the pros will tell you in a SHTF confrontation it's all about the front sight. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's very fast and plenty accurate.

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I have a set on my S&W 457, and on my AR. Three dot sights are great for targets and competition, but the XS system is designed for quick accurate shots required for self defense.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I have a set on my S&W BG 380. They are an eye magnet. You can help but be drawn to the front sight. I would highly recommend them.

8. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have the smaller dot sights on two of my Glocks. They are simple to install and require no special tools.

I do like them but they definitely aim differently than three dot sights. With the variety of pistols that I shoot, I have to remember that the front dot is high above the bottom rear hash or I will be shooting way low. With three dot, the front post is nestled right between the two rear dots and should be at the same level.

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I bought my tiny Kahr P380 with XS Big Dot and I don't really like them.

1) The system is dot-the-I, which doesn't provide as much accuracy as 3-dot. At least with such a large front sight.

2) In a low-light situation (Hello...we're talking about tritium sights here) you cannot see the rear sight since it has no tritium, itself.

I just haven't gotten around to switching them out, though, since this little 380 is just a close-quarters pistol anyway.

10. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

My rear sight does have tritium in it so night or day the sights are visible. For self defense I stand by them as the front sight is paramount. It's not intended to be a target sight but with practice you can get good groups with them.

11. ScottA

+1

I think that the sights designed for larger frames have tritium in both front and rear.

12. oli700

oli700 New Member

Thanks for the input guys.

13. Tom86

Tom86 New Member

I'll back up some of the other responses. I have them on my Bodyguard .380. VERY quick sight acquisition. They are not as accurate at the range, because of the design. It takes a lot of concentration to get the same accuracy as the factory sights, because it's too easy to be off just a little bit with that rear sight line.

But this isn't a range gun. For a self defense gun in low light, where you'll be at relatively close distances, it's a great choice. It's frustrating at the range, but I'm keeping them on the gun. The good outweighs the bad for me.

14. oli700

oli700 New Member

Thanks Tom, my CZ was manufactured as a combat side arm and I bought it as a do all go everywhere get beat up personal defense weapon. Problem is that it happens to be a kick ass range gun with kick ass accuracy and part of me doesn’t want to mess with that. I will give XS a go soon.

15. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I've installed a couple of these onto customer's pistols and they look pretty sweet. The customers love them but they do take some getting used to. XS Sights does have great customer service and are located in Texas.

16. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

I have no idea but someone raped that poor xd's grip with a soldering gun on that website picture. :(

17. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I didn't see an XD on that site. Just a smith m&p with stippled grips. ?????

18. ScottA

Try them. If you don't like them, try something else.

19. losack

losack New Member

I put a set on one of my carry guns, Glock 27.

You do have to get used to covering your target with the dot. Also, I've noticed that I tend to shoot high or low because of looking around the sight instead of trusting it. I have not carried it live yet. Still working out the bugs. I want total confidence when "Going Live."