XD's!! Slide lightening options and styles!

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by ZombieBrawler, Mar 12, 2012.

1. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Lets see those XD's with slide lightening jobs! Im looking to do something like this (sorry glockworx you got jacked a little bit).

Attached Files:

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I kinda like mine like it is :eek:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Not a fan of cutting holes in the slide that dont serve a function. Lets debris in. When you lighten a slide you change the operating dynamic. Less mass means your battering the frame more unless you offset it with a stronger recoil spring.

The xdm competition guns have more mass so they removed some to keep using the same spring weights.

4. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

I agree. My 5.25 competition has a lightening hole already and I like it the way it is.

5. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

This cut removes only a scarce amount of weight however, and the debris isint much of an issue between cycling exposing the barrell, and i keep all my firearms very clean and taken care of.
    However i have heard that argument before about changing the weight, would a gram or two affect it that much as well?

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Then WHY do it :confused:

7. orangello

orangello New Member

If you are gonna do that, you might as well get somebody to port the barrel to match, since it basically looks like vents for a ported barrel.

I like my XD45 pretty much stock, but i may add a sticker or some grip tape.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

it can. but its not like the xd(m) is a super pricey gun so if it batters itself its prolly not a big deal just dont go overboard.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dam Jon----$500 IS super pricey to me :eek: :D

10. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I hear that knocking off a hair from the slide will help cycling and going far with the lightening can improve it a lot (while changing the springs) therefore a slight cut would help cycling, recoil, and yes, it looks bad ***.

But $500 is relativley inexpensive for most firearms :p im looking at roughly $1100 for a completley custom XDm. Very happy with how they feel and function though and it will be my carry and my range gun ect. So i have no issue going all out for an outstanding firearm and make it one of a kind.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

Well i mean its not a war relic or a pricey les baer or anything. Its not on the upper end of handgun prices either

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Was just yankin your chain :p