XDs reliability issues?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Crazvet, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Thought it would be nice to have a place for XDs owners such as myself to report on their personal experience w the XDs. So far mine has been nothing but flawless, it's fired the whole big two types of ammo I've fed it, Armscor 230fmj and Hornady Critical Defence 185jhp.

2. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I frequent this site more then any other.

3. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Come on XDs owners, weigh in!!

4. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Flawless is the word for it. I always test 6-12 manufacturers ammo in each gun and the XD is one of the only ones that had no FTF, FTE or misfires. All firearms have a "favorite" load, bullet weight or brand it likes better, but the XD is boring in how well it handles everything.

5. Kahless

Kahless New Member

My XDs has been working flawlessly as well. Eats everything I've thrown at it.

6. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

MY XD-S has been 100% except for a range trip where I had a reduced power striker spring (PRP spring kit....not worth it). It even digested some 35+ year old reloads with a 185 gr SWC bullet and 3.5 gr of Bullseye. It is the 4th XD I have purchased and I am very satisfied with its performance.

My XD-S .45ACP review.

[​IMG]

7. Dexter

Dexter New Member

Love my xds 45! It fires great and is very accurate. I'm glad I was able to find this at my lgs, they only had 2 left at the time. Easy to carry too!

8. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

250 rds thru it with not one problem.

[​IMG]

9. gunownerz

gunownerz New Member

So far I'm happy with it. Only put 200rds through it and it seems to be a good gun choice! Now I just need a holster!

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

No issues with mine ,I ran about 75 rds thru it last night . My other .45 is a Kahr PM 45 3.5" barrel it does not have the recoil like the XDS , its been magnaported which Im sure helps a little bit but its not even close to the recoil of the XDS and the flash out of the end of it is WOW . Its a good shooter I had 3"-4" groupings @ 10 yards with it which isnt bad for the first time I picked it up . Anyone elses have that incredible flash out of the end of it ? I didnt notice it at first and the recoil didnt seem as extreme as it did around the last half of the first box . I honestly thought maybe I had some hot ammo in there , the second box was Blazer alum cased FMJs

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  11. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

You looking for IWB or OWB ?

12. MarkRuhl1

MarkRuhl1 New Member

Mine jammed once when a friend was shooting it ,limp wristing I suspect, I on the other hand have not had a single problem with it, I love the way it shoots. Have the pinky extensions from Pearce for the 5 rd mag and just got the 7 rd mag from schedules. I love this gun

13. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Finally found reasonably priced ammo!!! 100 Federal Champion 230fmj for $33 at walmart!! I'm hoping to hit the range in the next few days to finish breaking her in!!!:-D

14. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

XD-S horizontal mag holder

I got this MagHolder a few days ago and have been totally satisfied with it. It is comfortable to wear....to the point it you don't even notice it. If you wish, you can browse my MagHolder product review for more details.

[​IMG]

15. DWM98

DWM98 New Member

I have a XDM-9 3.8, XDM-45 4.5 and XD45 4" Service. All 3 shoot very well. I have a XDM-40 5.25 on the way. I will see how that shoots soon.
    Does anyone know if the XD45 5" Tactical comes with a thumb safety on it?