XDs Mag Assist?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by BUCSFAN99, Nov 2, 2012.

1. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Does anyone know if there is a magazine loader/assist for XDs mags? Looking for something similar to the ones that come in the XD/XDM kits.

2. Hollander

Hollander New Member

I use the UPLULA for everything from 380 to 45. Works great and well worth the money.

3. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Thanks Hollander! I checked it out on YouTube and it looks like it pretty much works on almost any pistol mag. According to Magpula's website there are a few that it doesn't work on but won't affect anything I own. I know folks are saying that the XDs mags are easy to load but I have a hell of a time getting that last round in.

The Wanamaucher's gun show is here in Tulsa 11/10 & 11/11 so I'm going to look for one there. They claim to be the largest gun show in the U.S. and I believe it. I bet at any given time during the show there are at least 10k people in that building. :)

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Why don't you just use the mag assist that comes with the gun.

5. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

The XDs does not come with one.

6. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Well that sucks.

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

It's about as easy to load as any mag out there...pretty similar to an Officer's frame 1911.

If it's a problem, get an Uplula and have one that'll load just about any centerfire auto pistol. The ones that come with Glock, XD, etc, aren't remotely as user friendly as a $30 Uplula IMO.

8. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

The Uplula is the way to go, works as advertised and saves your thumbs.

9. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Thanks for everyone's suggestion of the Uplula. It is very nice and works on most centerfire mags as advertised. 9 MM thru .45 ACP.

Thanks again folks!

10. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

11. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

The XDS 45 cal model doesn't have one.