Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my XDS 45. Extremely good carry weapon.

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha! agree, here with 7 rd mag and ext by Pearce.:D

Didn't need the pinky ext with the 7rd.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just picked up a XDS today. Got a great price but now need ammo. Lol. It is my first Springfield. I am a Glock man. Lol. But the XDS is thin.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
GaMatt72 said:
I just picked up a XDS today. Got a great price but now need ammo. Lol. It is my first Springfield. I am a Glock man. Lol. But the XDS is thin.
Awesome little gun. Love mine!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Was lucky enough to snag mine at retail, just walked in and there she was. Finding high end $1+ a round ammo is easy, but range/break in ammo is hard ta get:/ Now I just gotta get her to the range, it's killing had her for a few weeks now

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use Winchester PDX1's when I carry my XDS. They are a very powerful round. Believe it or not the Hornady Zombie Max rounds are pretty good too. Since they are filled hollow points with that plastic filling stuff they are actually round nosed and feed extremely well in the short barreled XDS. A lot of people balk at the Zombie Max stuff because they think it's a novelty item but next time you see some open the box and check it out. Even the .40 version of it is round nosed and that helps in feeding issues on the .40 too. It's one of the only round nosed .40 rounds that I know of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased some 230gr gold dots and a box of 50 federal LE hydra shok 230gr BUT just paper weights till my damn XDS comes in lol

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guy's, thanks for your idea's but I have the PDX1 and Hornady Zmax rds, and Fed Hydro's, I want the Critical Duty 220 +P 45's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love it when my XDS eats all of the ammo that my high end Colt MK IV Series 70 won't. It's best not to have an ammo picky carry pistol.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like good ammo but .70 is a little rough, guess we gotta take what we can get these days. Thx for the tip!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glad to hear good reviews. I've been looking at this gun for concealed carry. I'm a big guy so I think I may go with the mag extension

1 - 20 of 33 Posts